Twenty Eight

Whiskey intently wrapped up Coriolanus's bleeding arm with a piece of her ripped fabric. Her face was in deep concentration, twisting it around his bicep as tightly as she could without hurting him.

Coriolanus watched quietly, focusing on the gentle brush of her fingers over his skin as they wrapped around his arm, over and over again. He found himself struggling to control his breathing at a normal pace, struggling to stay calm. She was so close to him... so close and so beautiful. His hand behind his back clenched in a fist, trying to maintain his self control.

Whiskey finally tied off the cloth, making sure it was going to stay in place. She purposefully kept her eyes low, ignoring how close she was standing to Coriolanus. If he had been paying attention, he would've noticed how her hands were trembling and her face was tinted red. She was practically dying with butterflies.

"All done," she smiled, taking a step away to give them both room.

Coriolanus examined the bandage. "How did you know how to do that?"

Whiskey shrugged, "I learnt it back home. Every time a peacekeepers gun would accidentally go off and shoot one of my friends, we'd bandage the wound to stop it bleeding. I got really good at it."

Coriolanus frowned, "That's terrible."

"That's not terrible. It's lucky. At least they didn't die."

She glanced down his forearm to the healed stitches and felt a pang of guilt. "Is that from me?"

Coriolanus nodded. He quickly drew his arm away from her, hiding the damage. He looked around the dark tunnels, not wanting to talk about it.

But then, Whiskey touched his shoulder, apologetically. "I'm sorry. I was just trying to survive. I didn't meant to hurt you."

"I know," Coriolanus stayed frozen forward. "I understand."

Whiskey stayed still, unsure of his reaction. "So do you forgive me?"

Finally, Coriolanus turned around. "I respect your strategy. Survival is survival. I just wish you hadn't stabbed me. But, now it means every time I see it, I think of you."

Whiskey smiled, relieved. "You think of me? So you like thinking of me?" She teased.

Coriolanus took his opportunity. He stepped forward, closing the gap between them. His hand brushed her cheek, leaning his lips towards hers. "Is that a bad thing?" He whispered, smirking.

"Uh.." She struggled to find her voice, glancing at his lips. "No." Studying his expression, she carefully lent forward, slowly closing the gap.

But then, Coriolanus stepped away, leaving her with cold air. She clenched her jaw with frustration, craving him.

"We should find a place to stay not so in the open," he changed the subject, moving towards a turn further down the tunnel. His feet crunched along the floor, barely waiting for Whiskey to catch up.

"Okay," She followed him, looking back to see if Ratley was ever going to be return. It had been a couple hours and she couldn't understand why he just left her. After everything they'd done together, been through together, he left. Coriolanus's answers were foggy so she didn't have any explanation why. Whatever it was, she wondered why he couldn't tell her himself. It hurt her feelings.

"You coming?" Coriolanus asked from further down.

Whiskey realised she'd stopped walking entirely and quickly jogged to catch up, "Yep."

Lucky Flickerman grinned towards the camera. "Time for the updates of the hour. In the time we've been gone, Coral and her gang of tributes have managed to have a feild day with the remaining mentors. Making their final mark before their inevitable final hour. Here's the list: Plymra Monty, district 1 mentor to Velvereen, Livia Cardew, district 1 mentor to Facet, Lo Jasper, district 3 mentor to Circ, Festus Creed, district 4 mentor to Coral, Dennis Fling, district 5 mentor to Hy, Galus Breen, district 9 mentor to Panlo, and finally, Lysistriata Vickers, district 12 mentor to Ratley Reid.

Yes that is a lot. Now the others dead, not by Corals wrath are, Sejanus Plinth who killed himself jumping from the rubble (very cute him standing up for his beliefs don't we think?), ill Dill district 11, and Hy district 10.

So for this update, nine dead. Two tributes, Seven Academy students. Bringing our total up to, seventeen deaths out of forty eight, almost halfway.

As for the Gate being opened, I've just heard the capital is very close to breaking in. The electric grid the gate was shut with that is connected to the city's power is almost unplugged. My bet is a few more days. Two at most. Expect that at the rate we are going these mentors will all be dead in two days.

And it's time for the weather! In district 12 the wind is quite strong, blowing down towards 10. As usual the capital and district 1 have nice warm sunny weather for this time of year. Expect temperatures to rise over the mid 20s, perfect for the water. District 3 and 4 are facing some light rain and lower temperatures for 5, 6,7,8,9 and 11. That's the weather."

Anyway, let's get back to watching the cameras.

In the tunnels, lovebird and her mentor Coriolanus are moving. They are just so cute aren't they?! Too bad she won't be alive soon because she's a tribute. We all wanted their happier ever after.

They're turning to find a safer place to stay and what they don't realise folks is they are entering corals territory. The boys and her are not here at the moment but they'll be back and when they are, Coriolanus is in a lot of trouble. They've killed many mentors before him. He won't have a chance.

Will he kill Coral? Will Coral kill him?"