Author's note - explanation of the series

Hey you! I'm thrilled that you've decided to read my book. I hope you'll enjoy it. 

This is the first volume in what is planned to be a six volume series called The Five Cursed Witches. The series is structured in a somewhat different way than most series are, so I just wanted to spend a few words going over that. 

For each of the different volumes, it'll focus on a new set of characters (the last one being an exception). As such the first five volumes can be read as standalones. There will, however, be questions that you won't get answers to if you don't read all of them and there are information in the earlier ones that might come in handy in the later (though won't be necessary to understand the story). Though, I will say this, volume 4 will have parts that'll make much more sense if the previous 3 have been read before. 

The sixth and last volume is a bit different. Although main focus and main character will be another character, just like the previous ones, the characters from the previous volumes will be in it too. As such, that one can be confusing to read if you have not read the previous ones.

The volumes are as follows:

Volume 1: Zoe, the Witch of Innocence (Completed)

Zoe's only wish is to be able to run barefoot through grass, but she knows it'll never happen. Ever since she was born, she's been unable to touch anything living without it instantly dying. It's a curse she would do anything to get rid of, but that her coven considers their best weapon. They have asked her, from time to time, to kill potential threats to the coven and it has become time for it again.

The target this time is a witch hunter that has killed several witches from the coven. It's a task, that albeit dangerous, seems easy enough to Zoe. That is until she looks into the eyes of the witch hunter's son and realises that he is her mate.

Volume 2: Crimson, the Witch of Night (Completed)

Crimson's parents were killed by vampires when she was 6 years old. Because of that she's sworn vengeance on all vampires and spends every night tiredlessly hunting for vampires to kill. Lamech is the leader of the biggest vampire clan in the world. Since taking the leadership, he's worked tiredlessly to stop vampires from killing to feed, as well as improve the bad reputation they have.

When the two meet, Crimson believes that Lamech have turned a teenage girl into a vampire and is determined to kill him. A determination that fades as she realizes that he is her mate. Instead, she decides to never accept him.

As a vampire, Lamech does not feel the mate bond. He does, however, feel intrugied, worried, and confused by Crimson. He also knows that she's a danger to his kind and as such he decides to lock her up until he's figured her out.

Volume 3: Morana, the Witch of Life (planned date to begin publishing: 20th of June)

Morana knows that she's different from other people in more ways than one. Firstly, she's sixty-seven years old but stopped aging in her twenties. Weird things have also happened around her right after she's wished for it. But most importantly, no matter how she acts, people feel uncomfortable around her. Unfortunately, she has no way of finding out why all of this is having been abandoned as a baby.

A shocking event makes her cross paths with Alejo, a male witch who has issues trusting other witches. But when it comes to Morana, he feels comfortable and at ease, as well as attracted to her. They are, however, not mates, and as such, he knows that any romantic relationship between them is doomed to fail. To not risk losing her, he therefore does all he can to fight his own feelings.

Volume 4: Mirai, the Witch of Sight

Volume 5: Danae, the Witch of Light

Volume 6: Rheseis, the Faerie of Love