𝗔𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗗𝗮𝘆, 𝗔𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗝𝗼𝗯

(Remember to Vote and Comment as it Does a Lot for Motivation Seeing That You're Reading)

The school day was ending, and the chaotic symphony of ringing bells echoed through the crowded hallways of Midtown High. Y/N, slung his books into his locker and sighed out loud as he instantly forgot everything he had been taught today. Science, English and Spanish went in one ear and out the other, only really the interesting stuff that Y/N liked such as history actually had a place in his mind. He checked his phone, and of course, he had a job waiting for him. 

Montana: You good at working with others?

Y/N: Depends on who it is

Montana: Don't play coy boy, you in or not?

Y/N: Just send me the address 

Y/N sighed once again, he was really hoping to have tonight off. One could see from the slight bags under his eyes he wasn't getting much sleep. But that was only if they looked really closely. Just as Y/N shut his locker, ready to leave this god forsaken place;

"Y/N, wait up!" Liz called, weaving through the crowd to catch up with him. Her blonde hair cascaded over her shoulders as she fell into step beside him. "What's the rush? Got big plans?"

Y/N offered a half-smile, his eyes betraying the weight of the truth he concealed. "Just a part-time job. You know how it is, bills to pay."

Liz nodded, seemingly accepting his explanation. "Yeah, I get it. Things are tough at the moment." Her gaze lingered on him, a silent invitation to share more. Liz, oblivious to the hidden facets of Y/N's life, continued the conversation. "You're always so mysterious about your job. What do you do, anyway?"

Y/N offered a half-smile, his eyes betraying the weight of the truth he concealed. "Just a part-time job. You know how it is, bills to pay."

Liz nodded, seemingly accepting his explanation. "Yeah, I get it. Life's tough." Her gaze lingered on him, a silent invitation to share more.

A pang of guilt tightened Y/N's chest as he considered how much he valued Liz's friendship. She knew him as the responsible student juggling part-time work to support himself and his family during challenging times. To any outside eyes, it would've seemed normal. Teenagers nowadays were always looking for a way to earn some extra income, so to Liz, fellow students and teachers Y/Ns antics would seem normal. Which was more of a reason he had to hide the real jobs he did here and there. 

Liz, oblivious to the hidden facets of Y/N's life, continued the conversation. "You're always so mysterious about your job. What do you do, anyway?"

"Oh you know" Y/N said, looking down with a smile and then at Liz. "Little bit of this, little bit of that" he added, wanting to keep it as vague as possible. 

"Does this little bit of everything involve you running yourself rampant?" she asked, coming to a stop and causing Y/N to do the same. It was clear by the look on her face that Liz cared, she scanned Y/Ns face, noticing his bags and how he looked slightly tired. "You doing okay?" she asked. 

"Yeah, course" he lied with a smile, she was his friend but he had to lie. 

"No Y/N" she said sternly, this time her expression was more serious. "Are you okay?". 

Y/N bit the inside of his lower lip, he wanted to tell her. That he was basically a drug runner, worked for the most powerful man in New York City, was bitten by some genetically altered Spider and got mutant like super powers. But instead his mouth moved on its own;