𝟬𝟬𝟰. the young knight

CHAPTER FOURThe Young Knight

CHAPTER FOUR
The Young Knight

126 after the conquest
red keep, king's landing

FEW SWORDS swung continuously inside the gates of the Red Keep. Any person training their personal strength held a sword in their hand. Princess Jaehaera Velayron was the only girl in the training grounds to hold one. She was the only girl in the training grounds ever, at least during King Viserys' reign.

              Since the age of four, Jaehaera had no interest in what all the other ladies and young girls in the Red Keep did or were supposed to do. The young Princess didn't want to sit with her septa in her chambers and knit or sew while she got criticized on how she could do better, since she wasn't good at it like her aunts— Helaena and Saera. Instead, she would rather be learning how to fight and become a mighty warrior like her ancestors Rhaenys and Visenya.

              Jaehaera thought— no, she knew, that if her two younger brothers could train to fight like a warrior by the time they could hold a sword, then so could she.

              Most people in Kings Landing never say what they are really thinking to the face they are speaking about, but they talk enough for people to get the word around. Still, Jaehaera Velaryon didn't care if she heard or seen people whispering about her in the halls of the Red Keep because she was 'unladylike,' rumors and nasty words were never a concern to her.

              Besides, Jaehaera's grandsire— the King of the Seven Kingdoms, is the man who encouraged the Princess to train like a knight. The King loved his family and he wanted them to do what they wished for themselves or their own families, he knew his granddaughter did not wish to knit but instead swing a sword.

              King Viserys allowed his family to do what they liked and he didn't take it very kindly when anyone disrespected that wish of theirs, especially when it came down to his eldest daughter and her children.

              The King and Princess Rhaenyra, even Ser Laenor, were the reasons that Princess Jaehaera trained every other morning with Ser Harwin Strong. They all agreed to let the young girl do what she pleases if or when she wasn't busy helping her mother, father, or brothers.

              Which is exactly what Jaehaera Velayron was doing, holding a steel sword in her right hand and dodging the swing of another sword from an older boy in front of her.