𝟬𝟬𝟯. a proposal

CHAPTER THREEA Proposal

CHAPTER THREE
A Proposal

125 after the conquest
red keep, king's landing

AFTER A reasonably long training lesson with Ser Harwin in the training grounds, that were located within the courtyard, Rhaenyra made her only daughter draw a bath since it was only the morrow and she was already full of dirt and smelt like metal from the dull swords that were used. And once Jaehaera was clean from her bath, she sat below her mother as her wavy silver hair got brushed out throughly. The dust and dirt from training made many knots in her hair but Rhaenyra knew they had time to sit and brush it out before their leave for Driftmark. Which Laenor wanted to sail for the sea before the morning passed, so they had around an hour before then.

Jaehaera was more than excited for her younger brother to meet his betrothed, she had never met Laena Velaryon or Daemon Targaryen but she heard many great things about both of them from her mother and her grandsire. The young Princess could only assume that their daughter, Daenaera Targaryen, was just as great. As well as their two other daughters, Baela and Rhaena, who they also were going to meet. She just didn't think Jacaerys was as found because she hasn't heard him speak much since their parents announced their proposal for him and Daenaera's betrothal.

"How about braids this time, sweet girl?" Princess Rhaenyra placed the brush beside her and on the sofa before gently touching her daughter's soft and freshly washed hair.

Jaehaera turned around, while still sitting on her floor below Rhaenyra, and she looked up at her mother with the smallest frown painted on her lips. "But, Mother, my hair is not as long as yours. It won't look as beautiful as yours."

Rhaenyra slightly tilted her head to the side as she brought one of her hands to her daughter cheek. "You will always look beautiful, Jae. No matter what happens or what anybody says."

The young Princess' face lit up from the words spoken to her. Jaehaera always felt safe, along with comforted, in her mother's presence and she never wanted that feeling to go away. She never wanted her mother to go away. "I want my hair to be braided like how you do your hair, Mother."

"Then your hair shall be braided like how I do mine." Rhaenyra reached her free hand to her daughter's other cheek and leaned down to press a loving kiss on the young girls forehead. Jaehaera closed her violet eyes and smiled. "Okay, sweet girl, let me see your hair now."

Once Jaehaera's back was turned to her mother again, Rhaenyra started brushing and braiding her silver and wavy hair right away. The inspiration Rhaenyra tried to go off of for her own hairstyles were from Visenya Targaryen, first ever rider of Vhagar: The Queen of Dragons, so that's what she proceeded to do with her daughter's hair. They continued to have more conversations like they always had when they were together and they laughed together as well. The mother and daughter cherished every moment they spent and shared together. With only the two of them since that time became less and less with the older and busier they got.