𝟬𝟬𝟱. a dragons lesson

CHAPTER FIVEA Dragons Lesson

CHAPTER FIVE
A Dragons Lesson

              THE DRAGONPIT was merely empty— besides the occasional dragon keepers walking around the outskirts of the stone building. There was one guard and two other dragon keepers that stayed by the five children that were attending their lessons for the day.

The vibrations of Jace's small dragon, Vermax, being walked from the pits caused Jaehaera peek over the ramp. The chains that the dragon keepers kept around Vermax helped them get him up the ramp without any trouble.

When the two men and Vermax reached the top of the ramp, the dragon keeper next to the children called out to the small beast in High Valyrian. "Umbās!" ( Wait! )

Vermax lightly scowled at the order to hold and stay still, but he still obeyed and all the children watched with intrigued eyes.

              All except for Aegon, the eldest son of King Viserys and Queen Alicent. Jaehaera could tell by just a glance that he was very uninterested in the dragon that was many feet away from them.

The dragon keeper by Jaehaera, her brothers, and her uncles raised his hand and waved the two men by the dragon over. "Ivestragī zirȳla māzigon." The man spoke deeply in High Valyrian. ( Let him come. )

The two dragon keepers next to Vermax listened to the man and started to unchain the dragon. Vermax kept his eyes on the five children and three adults next to them from a far.

              As they waited for the dragon to be unleashed, Prince Aegon let out an exaggerated yawn. Princess Jaehaera didn't hesitate to glare at him, she didn't understand how he could possibly think that what was about to happen would be boring.

              Even if Jaehaera didn't have a dragon of her own— yet— and she wasn't a huge fan of going to the lessons without a one of her own, she would never deny a request to see dragon spit fire.

After a couple of seconds, Jacaerys took a couple of steps forward, he looked back for approval from the dragon keeper and his older sister.

              He knew the girl didn't have much say on what he should do next, but he still wanted her approval and confirmation that he can approach his dragon since she was older than him.

Once Vermax was unchained, he started to slowly walk over to the small group. Jaehaera admired the young and small male dragon as he made his way closer to them, he was a shade of green on his scales and his wings were a neutral shade of orange.