Chapter 36 - cursed marble

————————————————————————

"About that megumi... what are you two exactly?"

You processed his question and you were left dazed for a moment "Eh?"

"..."

You swallowed lightly, seeing him waiting eagerly for your response "We are just friends and classmates. Uh, why do you ask?"

Choso remained stiff "Hm.. just that?" He replied and wasn't really convinced by your answer, and you have no idea why he is asking that, and he seemed very paying close attention to you.

'I'm confused, what are his intentions?' You thought to yourself as your eyes darting between him and in the distance away.

"What do you mean just that?" You rubbed the back of your head.

"Just friends? Nothing more?"

"That's right. Why do you ask?"

Choso always notices the way megumi often seemed frustrated or upset whenever he sees choso being near you or sticking with you. The way megumi scoffs, rolling his eyes or turning away.

Choso was deep in thought right now, and his eyes were half lidded, and as if he was drowsy but that's just the way he looks like, it was attractive. You found yourself staring at his face for a bit longer and then looked away real quick.

You were still waiting for his response 'what's he thinking...'

"Y/n." He finally spoke.

"Hmm?" You raised an eyebrow.

"Does he like you?" His face remained nonchalant but there was an underlying curiosity and resentful in the way he said that.

You were taken aback "I don't know.. I don't think so." You replied while your heart was more racing than before.

There was a moment of silence..

"Y/n, would you believe me if i tell you something?" His gaze was focused back on you. He took the opportunity to speak freely to you without any prying ears, gladly yuki and tengen hasn't arrived yet.

You tilted your head, and your curiosity went piqued "I'm not sure but i don't mind hearing you out." You replied.

Choso took a deep breath and prepared himself, he leaned closer but not too close and his face remained stoic but he was nervous deep inside "Okay. About the mark on your back." He began.

"You heard what utahime said right?" He asks.

"Um, yes i did.." You nodded, you heard what she said but you were actually being distracted because of panda at that time.

"There was lacking of detail." He shifted a bit.

You were about to respond but he didn't gave you the time when he continued to explain, making sure you won't miss anything and hoping you would understand because this was very important to him.

"Y/n, the mark on your back not only carries deep meaning but also a connection between us. My blood, long ago when i was still sealed away with my brothers.. i was experimented with, and a cursed marble was created because of the kamo's evil ancestor. My blood that they transformed into marble was the fruit but a cursed of the woman who birthed you, and you wre the result and it's the reason the mark appeared on your back.