Chapter 2

I've been crawled amongst the scerene shadows for a while now, everything is quiteand peaceful. No sign of other people though, so I was a bit upset about that. The dim sunlight streaking through the parting leaves of the high treetops made me feel like the sunlight was seeping through my energy. I contninued through steadily, careful not to trip of get my feet hooked up on a tree root poking out of the soil. I stared ahead, my eyes focused and relaxed. Firmly, I gripped onto a branch facing my way and swung underneath it, landing a huge leap infront of me. It was better than walking normally, I suppose.

I edged closer to the side of the forest, a large mountain side touching my torso. The silky smooth ferns and growing shrubs seemed to be placed away from peoples way, making it light work for me to travel through. Just around the corner seemed to be where most of the light erupted onto. The scerene and angelic view almost made my jaw drop, if it wasn;t frot te fact that I sensed it again. Earlier on I felt as though I was definetly not alone. So, I kept low and hidden, making sure that if I was being watched or even followed I wasn't found easily. I tracked through the shrubs to get into the pouring light and slowed down once my foot reached the rays covered in the minty green stalks of fresh grass.

What could be better? I let out an exhale, only to be startled by another louder noise. This time, I was sure I heard somebody's scarce breath. I spun around to see what I could, yet again nothing appeared in sight. I furrowed my eyebrows and stepped away and dead in the centre of the sun's light. I felt my arms and neck heat up as I stood, relaxing and closing my eyes. I started to sweat, surely not because of the suns warmth but the person next to me that was gladly without hesitation staring at me. They were up against a tree, flattening their arms and back on the prickly bark and gulped, seeming to be a little too cautious.

I shook my head, now knowing that they looked too puny to attack at the minute, so I slowly walked up to them with a fresh smile but still sweating and startled. They backed away, jumping behind the tree and jamming themselves into the saftey of the darkness. I quickly followed, showing my face to them as I peered around the swaying and blooming tree. She flinched but reasurred herself with muffled mumbles. I nodded and stepped away, allowing her to come out into the open. "Hello, I'm Bobbi...and you are?" I told her, holding my hand out and having an expression that made her calmer. She opened her mouth to speak but hesitated for a second. "Uhm, I'm Evelyn, nice to meet you." She smiled back and shook my hand fimrly. I surprised to see that she immedietly settled in and had a neutral look on her face. "Nice to meet you too, what are you doing out here?" I ask as I walked over to a boulder and rested ontop of it. She followed me before she explained herself.

"I'm looking for something. What about you, why are you out here, alone?"

I frowned but awkwardly chuckled, recieving an odd look from Evelyn. She seemed misunderstanding of me, but I replied as soon as I could.

"Well, long story short, my village was uhm burned, yeah. So I had to escape into the forests beyond. I don't know if anybody else made it out alive but I a sure I wasn't the only one from my village out here, right?" Evelyn gazed at me, clearly pondering, and was seeming to appear sorrowful. "Oh, sorry to hear that happened. It must've been horrible seeing your home town brun to a crisp-" "and as soon as possible it is nothing but ashes and decaying smoke? Yeah, it was terrible, but it feels like a dream now that i've been away for so long. Haven't seen my home town in uh months?" I cut in, sighing as i finished my words.

Evelyn nodded, looking away as if she experienced that exact same devastating disaster. I smiled reasurringly and got onto a different topic. "So, what are you looking for that's so important?" I ask calmly. Evelyn immedietly locked eyes with me and a tear glistening against her eye. Her distraught stance hinted at whatever she was looking for would be hard to spit out. "It's about my younger ebrother, who has sadly passed away due to unfortunate events. Basically, I'm here to avenge and revive him no matter the work I have to go though. He's always been there for me and now it's my time to be there for him." She says, her cracky voice giving away that deep down she wanted to curl into a ball and cry.

I stare at her weak eyes and sorrowfully put my hand on her shoulder. Evelyn managed a sniffle and regained the energy to look at me once more. "I'm sorry for what you had to endure, bets wishes to you on your journey." I say calmly. With a nod of thanks, Evelyn turned, getting ready to track down the right path she needed to take. Suddenly my face lit up. I smiled and gasped as the thought of me providing help on Evelyn adventure. "Evelyn, wait! Before you head off, I would like to join you in reviving your brother. Trust me, I will make sure I'm useful in these dark times." Evelyn faced me, seeming worried. "It's not what you think it is, Bobbi, I have to retrieve the Revival Book in order to bring back my brother."

My heart pounded, feeling underestimated. "So it must mean your going on a vast and dangerous path, correct? I can surely help you." I piped up. She stood before me, casting a confused look. After she thought, she came to a conclusion."Well there's no harm in bringing another person I suppose. Fine, I guess you can go. But you must understand, this mission is the one thing that will bring peace to me and those I hold closest, so we should aim for being successful." She answered, already moving along the forest. I smiled and nodded, accepting that this was clearly important, and followed patiently.