vitamins=edibles

Paris

I trailed my parents, walking into the house after the gala. I was a nervous fucking wreck for obvious reasons, the main being my parents were no doubt not okay with my relationship with Mayson.

I quite frankly did not care, but if I was being completely honest with myself, I've always wanted their approval on things. Whether it be something as trivial as clothes or school, pleasing my parents used to be my top priority.

But after their constant absence in my life, I don't think they really have a say in it. Especially about Mayson.

"I'm glad you guys are back, I'm pretty tired so I think I'm just gonna head up to bed." I faked yawned and stretched my arms as we walked into the living room.

"Funny, now come sit." My mother said sternly.

It was worth a shot.

I rolled my eyes and turned around sitting on the large, white leather sofa while parents sat in the love seat together in front of me.

Well more like my dad sat with a drink in hand while my mother paced beside him.

"I don't even know where to start." My mother seethed quietly.

"We leave you for a couple months and you've just completely gone off the rails." She shook her head.

"Not only have you disrespected this family, but the Marshalls as well. I mean for god sake Paris, a girl?" My mother raised her voice.

"And not just some girl, a nobody! I don't even wanna know who her parents are or what they do for a living." She said disgustedly.

"Why couldn't you just do what we asked and stay with Leon? He's good for you, if you were with him at least none of this atrocious behavior would've happened."

"Honestly what has gotten into you? This is not the kind of daughter we raised." My mother threw her hands up in the air.

I took a deep breathe before I spoke, being careful to choose my next words wisely.

"First of all," I started, "A couple months? Lord knows that's a lie, try a year and a half."

"Second of all I haven't done anything to disrespect this family. Nothing about me being with a person who genuinely cares about me is disrespectful. And if it is then quite frankly I really don't care." I huffed.

"And as for the Marshalls, they already taint their family name when they bring around that fucking dumbass they call a son." I fume.

"He's a dim-witted abuser of all kinds and I'll be damned if I ever date him again. Third of all, you sure as hell didn't raise me, if anything Gale and Ms. Hernandez and Ms. Bailey raised me. You were always off trying to impress the next housewife. You only came around when you wanted to show me off." I ranted.

"And lastly, why can't you just be happy that I finally found someone that cares for me and makes me extremely happy? Isn't that what you want? For me to be happy?" I exasperated.

"I can't even with her." My mother stressed rubbing her forehead and turning away, "Please talk some sense into your child, Julien." She muttered.

"I think what your mother is trying to say Paris is, you represent this family. Everything you do represents this family. Including your choices. And lately your choices have been questionable. I mean I'm sure there's a nice boy we can find from our friends for you." My dad tried.

I groaned, "That's my point, that right there! Why does it have to be one of your friend's rich son?"

"Because!" My mother shouted, "That is what is right! That is what is ethical! You're not some... some-" My mother sputtered.