2

SIENNA'S POV

"Good morning." I said as I walked out from the kitchen and saw my dad stand there with the money he owed.

"Morning." He said.

"Like I promised." He said and handed me the money.

"Thank you." I said and walked behind the bar.

"Can we talk?" He asked and I chuckled.

"About what?" I asked and he let out a sigh.

"Shall we talk about where you've been the past 26 years or shall we talk about why you came back without telling me? You have my number. You know my address." I said and he sighed.

"You know what, I don't want to hear the classic and lousy explanation. "I was called in, I was away, it was a mission, blah blah blah blah blah". Do you know they invented the phone so you can call your family when you aren't nearby?" I said and he nodded.

"I deserve it, I do." He said.

"Damn straight, you do." I said.

"You missed my entire life. You missed my first steps, first a day of kindergarten, first A, first dance, first love, first heartbreak, high school graduation, my graduation from Naval Academy, when I was accepted to Top Gun, when I graduated first in my class. You missed every important moment in my life. And you sure as hell missed when everything fell apart." I said and he sighed.

"I'm sorry." He apologised.

"Won't cut it. I had no idea where you were or if you were alive when I myself sat in that burning plane." I said and he looked down on the counter.

"I didn't know." He said and I scoffed.

"Because you are not the family they called when it happened." I said and he looked up looking very sad.

"Maddie and her parents helped me through it. They were there. Like they've always been. They don't even know how you look like because whenever you were here in Miramar, was because you pissed off some Admiral. And I got to hear it from Penny." I said and walked over to count the liquor bottles.

"The bar opens at 5." I said and he sighed.

"Okay." He said and walked out and I sighed.

________________________________

"He is being such an ass." I said as my best friend Maddie was helping me take down the chairs. Maddie and I go way back. When my mom passed away when I was 10 and my dad were no where in sight her family renovated their basement and let me move in. We grew up together. She was the only one who talked to me on the first day of kindergarten and since then we have been inseparable.

"I can't believe he just walked in thinking everything would be fine." She said and I shook my head.

"Glad you told him off." She said and I chuckled.

"I don't think we'll ever be able to have a relationship." I said.

"Why would you? You have seen him like once a year at the most." She said.