8

BRADLEY'S POV

We watched the portrait of Iceman as the trumpet was playing. We stood there in our crisp dress blues, I looked over at Sienna who was just staring at her dad who was standing by the casket. I looked over at Maverick, he just seemed numb. He placed the wings onto the casket and hammered it down and then salutes. He looked over at Iceman's family who was in tears. The Navy's Blue Angels flew overhead. One pulled up in a vertical climb, the missing man formation.

After the funeral we all headed back to Top Gun, we had no time to loose. We needed to train. We changed out of the dress blues and into our flight suit. I looked over at Sienna who looked extremely beautiful. We all headed out of the locker room.

"Where you going?" I asked as Sienna walked the other way.

"I'll be right back, don't worry." She said and it seemed strange to me, but we walked into the classroom for the debriefing.

"Captain Mitchell is no longer your instructor, due to personal reasons." Admiral Simpson said and we all looked at each other. Wtf.

"Time to target is now four minutes. You'll be entering the valley level at reduced speed. Not to exceed 420 knots." He said and we all once again looked at each other, what was happening? And where the hell is Sienna?

"Sir, won't we be giving their planes time to intercept?" Bob asked.

"Well, Lieutenant, you have a fighting chance against enemy aircraft. What are the odds of survival in a head-on collision with a mountain?" He asked and we all were silent.

"You will be hitting the target from higher altitude, level with the north wall. It'll be a little harder to hold your laze on the target but you'll avoid the high G climb out." He said and I sighed, dumb fuck.

"And he sitting ducks for enemy missiles." Payback mumbled. Suddenly two planes appeared getting close to the mountain range making us all on the edge of our seats.

"Who the hell is that?" Admiral Simpson asked.

"Maverick to range control, entering Point Alpha. Confirm green range." Maverick said and we all smiled.

"Nice." Phoenix said.

"Bring all the screens up." Admiral Simpson said and a second later the camera from inside of Maverick's plane were shown.

"I'm working on the second plane." Hondo said.

"Aircraft calling range control, range is green, but I don't see an event scheduled for you, let alone two planes." Range control said.

"Well, we're going anyways." Sienna's voice said as her picture came up on the screen and our eyes went wide.

"Good afternoon, aviators, time to rock and roll." She said and we chuckled. I was totally gobsmacked.

"Setting time to target, what should we say dad?" She asked.

"Two and a half minutes?" He asked.

"Let's set it to two fifteen, just for fun." She said and he chuckled.

"Alright." He said.