𝐒𝐡𝐲 𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬

In the vibrant corridors of their college, Ishan Kishan, The senior from fourth semester with an infectious smile, found himself captivated by Shubman Gill, a shy kid from first semester.

Ishan would never miss a chance to take glances shubman whenever he would pass by their classroom or visit the classroom for work.

Shubman is hard to find in the college campus out of the department. He would always be in class, that makes Ishan ask his juniors about him, of course he tries to make it sound as casual as he can.

But wait

Why does he love looking at the boy?!

Ishan didn't realise why he is so obsessed with the boy.

He would try to observe him quietly, how shubman would always have his earbuds on or he would busy himself with a book. He doesn't have a lot of friends, only one or two he would sometimes hang out with.

Damn , at this point shubman may think Ishan is a creep.

"Do you realise you are practically eye-fucking the poor boy"
Tilak nudges Ishan who was peeking at shubman , they both hiding behind a bookshelf of library.

"Shut up and stop using such words, he is literally too cute and innocent for that"

Ishan squeals, Tilak gives him a look.

"Just go and talk to him dumbass, before you scare the boy away"

Ishan finally mustered some courage to strike up a conversation. He picked a random book and walked up to Shubman, sat beside him. He pretended to read the book, trying not to make things obvious.

Well Shubman just, ignores.

Ishan clears his throat,
"Tumhara naam Shubman hai, na?" he asks with a friendly smile.

Shubman looks up , slightly surprised replies , "Haan, Ishan bhaiya. Aap mujhe kaise jaante hain?"

Ishan chokes.

"N-no need to call me bhaiya, only Ishan is fine" he manages to smile normally.

"Ok, um Ishan " shubman gently smiles.

"You like reading? I have always seen you with a book"

"Yes, I actually skipped a class to finish this book today"

" Don't tell me it's professor Sharma!"

"Yeah, her classes are too boring "

"I know right!"

Shubman comes back home , feeling giddy. The person he always wanted to talk with, finally talked with him.
Being an introvert, he is too good at hiding. He never let the senior know, but always had interest on him.

How Ishan has so many friends, how Ishan can easily build conversions with people, how he laughs. Ishan truly had a charm. He secretly wished to be Ishan's friend, but he knew he can never get his attention.

Untill today.

when Ishan said "friends?"
After they talked for nearly an hour.

Shubman nodded, feeling happy.

Shubman looked at himself in the mirror, may be he wasn't that bad.

As the days went by , they became good friends. Ishan helped Shubman to gain confidence, to break out of his shell.
Shubman loves being around Ishan, he loves the way Ishan gives so much attention to him, appreciates him, makes him laugh.
And especially the way he always assures him with "main hoon na tere saath"

Oh no.
Shubman was falling for the elder boy.

Three months passed, and Ishan was now running up the stairs to the rooftop of college.

"Shubi?" He calls out seeing the boy sitting on ground.

The said boy quickly turns his head, a blush creeping on his cheeks.

Ishan sits next to him , "Idhar kyu bulaya?"

Shubman blushes more as he picks a small bag tied with pink ribbon, loaded with cute shaped handmade chocolate cookies.

"Ye aapke liye hai, thank you for being my friend, you helped me being more confident"

Ishan smiles widely and takes the bag, "Tumhare 'aap' sunke lagta hai jaise main koi professor hoon. Par koi baat nahi, cute lagta hai."

Shubman looks down "sorry , it's just the habit"

Ishan coos at him "tu itna cute kyu hai yaar"
Ishan couldn't help but pull his cheeks which made him blush more.

Shubman looks at him fondly, eyes holding so many emotions,
"Aapko pata hai, Ishan, aap bohot achhe ho."

And those eyes does something to Ishan.

Sudden hope blossoms in his heart, he wastes no time.

He picks up the younger's hand gently , "Shubi, I wanna tell you something"

---------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for reading! <3