𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞

Shubman ran through the narrow lanes of their colony, passing through the slightest edge of drains and jumping over the short wall of Chatterjee's garden. Everything was too familiar for him, he passed through all that almost everyday, that was his secret short-cut path that only he  discovered to reach his favourite place , perhaps his favourite person.

"Ishu bhaiya aap ja rahe ho?" 13 years old Shubman panted standing at the door of an older boy's room who was busy picking up books from his bookshelf and putting them in a stack to tie them up, making sure they are placed neatly.

"A gaya? Pehle baith idhar" The older looked up smiling, gesturing him to come inside.

Shubman felt angry , or sad? Why does the older always smile at him? Can he not see how angry shubman is now?

"Nahi! Pehle batao apne pehle kyu nahi bola!" Shubman huffed angrily, stumping right feet on the floor.

"Are shubi, aj bhi merepe gussa karega?" Ishan chuckled.

Shubman felt a lump in his throat, he ran inside the room to hug the boy, who chuckled again hugging shubman back.

"Mat jao na Ishu bhaiya, aab kaun mujhe padhayega?"

"Surya bhaiya ko Maine batake rakha hai, kalse chale jana thik hai?" Ishan said, caressing the boy's head.

Ishan felt the younger pulling him closer into the hug, Ishan closed his eyes.

After a minute of silence, Ishan spoke "I got a chance into a medical college in Delhi, after two drops. I thought ki udhar hostel me rahunga, mahine me ek do bar idhar aaunga. I was also waiting for nearby college ke lists, but that college is the best you know. Phir... papa ne Delhi me hi apna transfer kara liya, ab to Jana padega hi udhar." The 20 years old shied.

"I hate you!" Ishan felt tears in his shoulder.

"Phir milenge, Shubi"

Flashbacks

"Ishan beta, mere bete ko thoda padhayega? Maths bara kamzoor hai iski" Shubman's dad requested and a shy young boy peeked from his father's back.

Ishan smiled at him , nodding.
"Hanji zarur, kalse aa Jana , thik hai?"

"So it's minus 2 in the bracket, so comes out to be plus 2 as it has minus before the bracket"

Shubman sat in front of ishan as he explained the sum,  shubman was too lost in the details elder's face to even pay attention in that dry ass subject.
Within one year Shubman grew very close to Ishan, Shubman loves being with him.

"Samjha?"

"Haan?" Shubman came out of daze.

"Ab Samjh aya?" Ishan repeated.

"Haan haan bilkul!" Shubman showed thumb up.

Ishan smiled, "chal dusra kar"

"ISHAN BHAIYAAA"

Ishan looked back putting his book down.
"Aaj to chutti thi"

"Mere liye bhi chutti?" Shubman said pouting, going to the elder boy.

Ishan chuckled, pinching the  boy's cheeks .
Shubman blushed at that.

"Kisne danta?" Ishan asked, with a knowing grin.

"Mummy ne! Mujhe kya pata tha wo parasad tabhi bhi nahi chadhaya tha! It looked tasty to Maine kha liya" shubman complained.