Realisation

Rehan Pov:

"Rehan chale ?" Raha asked me as I was sitting here still.
"Tumne Ira ko dhekha kya ?" I asked her .
"Ha . Actually vo Avni (baby's name) roo rahi thi toh di aur vo jaldi chale gaye Nikhil ke saath ." She replied and sat beside me.
I got up and went near the caterers and asked them to pack some food later I went home with Ma , Baba and Raha.
I tried searching her as soon as I entered but I couldn't find her . I went to Di hoping she'll know.
"Aapko pata hai Ira kaha hai ?" I asked her as soon as I entered.
"Abhi yahi thi . Kyu room mai nhi hai ?" She asked to me.
"Nhi" I replied to her.
"Rehan, kuch hua hai kya ?" She asked concerned.
" Aap esse kyu puch rahi ho? Aap ko Ira ne kuch kaha ?" I asked her hoping to know something.
"Kuch bola toh nhi but I don't know Ira bahot distrubed lag rahi thi infact ajj subha se kuch jyada hi " she explained.
"Mai dekhta hu " I replied and left the room.
Where did she go ? I checked the whole again but I couldn't find her anywhere. Suddenly I remember where she could be .
"Finally " I said as I went running to her .
She was sitting on terrace crying??
" Tum roo rahi thi?" I asked while sitting near her .
"Nhi toh . Tum yaha ?" She replied avoiding to look at me .
"Ira . I'm sorry. Mai sachme bhool gaya .I'm really sorry." I said holding my ears while getting on my knees.
"Rehan please utho. Kya ho gaya abb tumhe?" She asked while holds my shoulders to get me up.
"Meri wajah se tumne khana nhi khaya na . I'm really sorry." I again asked for forgiveness.
"Khana ?" She looked really confused for a while.
"Vo toh ummm... I'm not feeling well esliye nhi khaya" she replied
It looks like a excuse to me . No way that she will leave food . I know her she wants icecream even if she had a fever.
I touched her forehead to check her temperature it looks normal to me .
"Kya hua tumhe ? Doctor ke pass chalte hai."  I said and got up .
"Nhi . I'm umm.. just tired ." She said holding my hand to stop me .
"Kya hua hai tumhe ?" I asked again taking a seat next to her
"Nothing much bs I'm really tired" she said .
"Of me ?" I asked scared of her answer.
"Matlab?" She asked
"Meri wajah se tum pareshan ho na ?" I asked her .
"Rehan it's late . Mujhe bhot neend aa rahi hai. " She said and left immediately.
She didn't deny ? Is she really tired because of me? Ofcourse I'm the one who didn't take care of her .
I went down after some time too. When I entered the room she was already sleeping. I changed my clothes and felt asleep instantly.
I heard some noises so I woke up . It's 3 am . It was Ira . She was wispering in her sleep I think . I tried to listen but later she started crying in her sleep. Is she having a bad dream.
"Ira " I tried to wake her up
"Ira " I tried again.
This time she gasped as the open her eyes . She was breathing fastly as she chocked on something.
"Ira ? You okay ?" I asked her again.
She looked at me from her teary eyes . But what she said next broke my heart.
"Kya tum bhi mujhe chod doge Rehan?" She looked really heartbreaking.
"Nhi . Bilkul nhi " I said to while taking her in my arms.
"Please don't leave me Rehan. I don't have anyone else except you. Kya mai etni buri hu ki sab chod rahe hai mujhe?" She wispered.
The moment she said that tears left my eyes .
"Nhi Iru Mai tumhe kabhi nhi chodunga. I promise. " I said as held her close to me .
She felt asleep after a while. What did she exactly go through to feel that ? My thoughts never stopped . I couldn't sleep later .
Her alarm started ringing after an hour I stopped in making sure she doesn't wake up .
I got up as someone knocked on the door . It was almost 10 am . I opened the door .
"Di kya hua ?" I asked her .
"10 baj gayee Ira ko bhol phele breakfast karle phir bhet jana vapis padhai ko . Aur tu etni late kyu utha hai ?" She said looking at me.
" Vo Ira abhitak uthi nhi hai .Bhot thak gayee thi na raat ko ." I explained to her .
"Raat ko ?" Di asked smirking
"Mai function ki baat kr raha hu . Aap bhi subha subha kuch bhi bolti hai " I said and closed the door later .
I went back to bed again since she is not up yet . She is still sleeping peacefully. I put her hairs back from her eyes and looked at her . She looked peaceful right now . I want to give her that peace . Her sleep got disturbed because of me removing her hairs and she open her eyes and looked at me with a question mark on her face.
"Tumhara hi husband hu yaar " I replied to lighten up the mood .
" Nhi " she replied instantly and looked at the other side .
" Nhi ka kya matlab hota hai biwi ho meri koi proof chahiye tumhe ?" I said again.
She laughed this time looking at me.
" Nhi koi proof nhi chahiye" she replied finally with a smile. Her eyes widened as she looked at the time .
"10 baje hai ?" She got up immediately.
"Yaar kya ho gaya? kaunsi train chut rahi hai tumhari ?" I asked her
"Kitna late ho gaya hai. Tumne mujhe uthaya kyu nhi ?" She asked but left to bathroom without listening to my reply.
She came back after half an hour.
"Tum bhi utho abb " she asked looking at me.
"Ha " I replied and went to take a shower. Before I come out she was already gone from the room .

_____________________________________________

How was the chapter 👀. Let me know in the comments section. Thankyou for reading 💜.