22 ⋆*・゚:⋆ the burden of a last name.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

| THE BURDEN OF A LAST NAME |
song: evermore by taylor swift.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

"DON'T TELL YOUR MOTHER YOU'VE BEEN gambling," Mr. Weasley implored Fred and George as they all made their way slowly down the purple-carpeted stairs.

"Don't worry, Dad," said Fred gleefully, "we've got big plans for this money. We don't want it confiscated."

Mr. Weasley looked for a moment as though he was going to ask what these big plans were, but seemed to decide, upon reflection, that he didn't want to know.

They were soon caught up in the crowds now flooding out of the stadium and back to their campsites. Raucous singing was borne toward them on the night air as they retraced their steps along the lantern-lit path, and leprechauns kept shooting over their heads, cackling and waving their lanterns. When they finally reached the tents, nobody felt like sleeping at all, and given the level of noise around them, Mr. Weasley agreed that they could all have one last cup of cocoa together before turning in. They were soon arguing enjoyably about the match; Mr. Weasley got drawn into a disagreement about cobbing with Charlie, and it was only when Ginny fell asleep right at the tiny table and spilt hot chocolate all over the floor that Mr. Weasley called a halt to the verbal replays and insisted that everyone go to bed. Ara, Hermione and Ginny went into their tent, where they changed into pyjamas and clambered into their bunks. From the other side of the campsite, they could still hear much singing and the odd echoing bang.

"Please, Ara!" insisted Ginny right after Hermione fell asleep on one of the top bunks.

"Why do you want to sleep with me?" said Ara as she poked her head from under the blanket, she was in the bottom bunk.

"Because we haven't done that in so long. . .?" said Ginny looking at Ara with unsure eyes.

Before each of them had gotten their own private bedrooms, Ara and Ginny would sleep in the same bed, making a pyjama party every night and staying up giggling hours past their bedtime, with Ara telling horror stories that would eventually lead to Ginny hiding in Ara's arms because she found them too scary. To cure her fear, Ara would retort by grabbing one of her cheerful books and reading to Ginny until she fell asleep.

The pleading eyes that Ginny had right now reminded Ara of that little toddler who used to bury her face in her hair as she cuddled her to sleep. She couldn't say no.

"Okay. . . c'mon. . ." said Ara as she lifted her blanket to make room for Ginny.

Ginny grinned at her sister and climbed onto the bed beside her, putting her face in her hair just like she used to.

"What do you think this year will be like?" whispered Ginny as she closed her eyes.

"Hopefully. . .quieter?" Ara suggested. "I never know what to expect really, not after everything that's happened in the last three years."

"I'm sure we'll get peace eventually," Ginny said positively.

"If you say so. . ." Ara shrugged. "But I wouldn't bet on it if I were you."

"So pessimistic."

"It's called being realistic, Gin," Ara chuckled. "Now sleep, we've got to wake up early tomorrow."

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

IT WASN'T LONG BEFORE SOMEONE WAS SHAKING HER AWAKE and practically shouting in her ear.