09.

ROSELYN AND DANIELLE actually decided to show up to Friday night dinners this time. They skipped dinner last time, and planned on doing the same this time but Lorelai practically begged for Roselyn to come on the phone.

It wasn't that bad. It was the same routine all the time. You enter the house, greet Emily, go to the living room for drinks where Richard sits and reads his newspaper, then have dinner and a uncomfortable conversation with Lorelai's jokes and leave. That's it.

Roselyn didn't necessarily hate this. Not as much as she described. She just didn't like coming here. She hated this place. But, she liked giving Danielle an opportunity to bond with her Grandparents if she wanted, even if she didn't have a perfect relationship with them.

This night was going sort of smooth. There wasn't a huge argument yet and they were just starting dessert.

"So, Lorelai, how are things at that Charming little Inn of yours?" Emily questioned, taking a forkful of her cake. Lorelai hummed "there still charming and little, we're just crossing our fingers it doesn't become rude and large."

Rory interjected "Moms having a huge wedding there this week."

Speaking of weddings, that reminded Roselyn to book Hazels wedding at Lorelai's Inn.

"Really?" Emily smiled, shocking Roselyn to her core. This was the first time she heard her mother give any sort of interest into Lorelai's career.

"Yeah." Lorelai grinned at her mom, "actually, there's people coming from all over the country."

"Well, isn't that nice." Emily spoke turning towards the opposite side of the dinner table "Girls, how is Chilton?"

Before either of the girls could answer,
Lorelai rolled her eyes, folding her arms on the table "O-Kay done with me now."

"I'm sorry. Was there more to the story?" Emily asked looking back over to her youngest daughter. Lorelai sat up straight at this and Roselyn has no idea of what kind of a turn the conversation was going to take. It was going well so far and she didn't want her night ruined so, she decided to switch up the conversation.

"Danielle and Rory have to pick a sport for school."

"It's a requirement." Rory almost rolled her eyes. She was never the athletic type. Danielle was the one playing the sports in Stars Hallow High not her. So, she's been down in the dumps ever since she was informed.

Richard placed his fork down as he glanced at his granddaughters "physical fitness is as important as intellectual fitness. So says Plato, and so say I."

"What sport are you two planning on picking?" Emily asked them with a small smile. She loved hearing about their school lives.

"Volleyball." Danielle replied, shrugging as if it wasn't her favourite sport to play.

"And why is Volleyball your choice?" Emily asked her, leaning her elbow's on the table.

"I played on the Volleyball team at my old school."

"She didn't just play." Roslyn smirked at her daughter "she was the team captain."