We Visit the Garden Gnome Emporium

Argus, a man who worked at camp and has hundreds of eyes on his body, was driving thru New Jersey, we all look out the window of the car. I sit next to Annabeth, our hands brushing against each other.

we eventually get to our first destination and make our way to a bus, i feel the scars on my back from the Ares kid during capture the flag itch and when i go to scratch, Annabeth slaps my hand away "dont touch it, dumb birdie" "but it feels like my back is covered in feathers!" I got to scratch again and again my hand is slapped and she pushes me into my seat on the bus "you'll open the wound, dummy"

Percy looks around the bus "There is no way this is what sacred smells like." "We're soldiers on a mission. It's not a vacation." Annie says to him as she checks cuts "Thank you for clearing that up. But if this is so important, why didn't Chiron spring for plane tickets? This seems kind of low priority, doesn't it?" 

Grover looked at him "Sorry, I assumed someone had told you." "Tell me what?" I look at him "Percy, it isn't just the monsters who are gonna be trying to stop us. You're a forbidden child. Zeus might decide to take a shot at you himself. The sky is his domain. We'd be serving you up on a silver platter to try to travel through it." I explain, although this was just a guess it must have been the right because Annie didn't correct me

" Yeah, no one mentioned that." the bus stops at a gas station "Okay, I'm gonna go get us some snacks. come on Birdie" she takes my hand and we get up "I'll come with you." Percy says "No, you'll stay right there."

"Why? It smells terrible back here." Percy complains as he holds his nose "Monsters can't smell you through that, so that's where I want you"  Annie the drags me thru the bus and into the store, she stand infront of some candy boxes, picks one up, then two, then picked up a handful from each flavor as I laugh and grab chocolate cupcakes. 

We walk to the register and Annie pays for the food, I get a chill down my spine, Annie must of got it too because we both shared a look. we turn around and see Mrs Dodds, or rather Alecto. I pick up the food, put it in my bag and we rush out the door and bolt to the bus, but to our surprise she's already in a seat "Birdie, go sit down, let me handle this" "....you sure?" "yeah" "...ok, be safe"

I walk back to my seat as Annie puts her cap on and turns invisible, I takes a bit because some people are getting up, I get to Percy and Grover "ok, guys dont panic but Alecto is here" Percy and Grover tense up "wha- what do you mean dont  panic!" Percy says in a whisper yell he gets up just as Annabeth gets back "Guys, you need to open that window! Now!" she yells

"I don't think these windows are supposed to..." we all look down the isle and see Alecto in her true form walk towards us "Oh, no. Go, go, go, go, go!" Me, Percy and Grover push and punch the bus window till it falls off and smashes and the bus alarm wails "Everyone, leave your belongings and exit the front of the bus."

Every one started to walk off the bus, slowing Alecto down "Annabeth, Y?N, let's go!" me and Annie were looking outside and see one of the other furies which then crashes thru the bus window "Hey!" Annie yells as she throws her dagger into her chest and she turns to dust "We're done here. Let's go."

-Timeskip-

we walk thru the forest to get away from the furies "Somewhere up ahead, this turns into a satyr path." "What's a satyr path?" Percy asks as Annabeth checks the cuts on my back, that reopened during that whole thing with the furies "It's a road through the wilderness. Satyr explorers use them. Harder to track us." i flinch as Annie cleans the wound again "sorry birdie" "its ok" i say thru gritted teeth

"That's great, but if we stay in the wilderness, how are we gonna find a phone?" Annabeth looks at him confused "What do we need a phone for?" "....So we can call camp. T... To get help."