13

13

Kaya’s POV.

“I should leave.” I don’t wait another second before I pick up a pace, except that I didn’t pass by the alpha before he draws me back.

“First rule: no one walks away from me.” His voice is dangerously low. There’s a dark glint in his eyes when he lands on mine, and I look away.

“Plus, you don’t want to get back there without your owners. You’d be eaten. Have you ever imagined having your heart plucked out while alive? Oh, you don’t want to imagine the horrific look that settles on the victim’s face.”

Why is he telling me this?

“And how do I know you won’t hurt me?”

“Because I want you to have a drink with me.” He sounds convincing enough, but I will never trust any werewolf.

If the triplets hate him, then he must be just as daring as them. One of the things I’ve learned about these creatures is that they hate when someone else wants to boss over them.

“And how do you know if I don’t want to die out there?”

“I cannot answer that. Come with,” his voice doesn’t give way to an objection from me.

I settle on the footstool in front of a bar while he goes to pick up a bottle of spirit. “I will pour you just one drink, and after, you can leave.”

“I cannot drink.” I suddenly feel the urge to explain further, especially when he raises a brow. “I haven’t drunk one before.”

“Well, for a slave or toy of another, I’d suggest you drink up now. You won’t get another chance at this.”

Why is he acting nice?

“Why are you acting like you were some angel?”

He scoffs as he takes one shot. He soon pours himself another. “Weren’t we all once?”

My voice is small. “true.”

I close my eyes and drink the whole content at once. Shit..what the actual...it burns my throat and stomach, and my body feels like it is rejecting it.

When I open my eyes, I can’t see well as it’s blurry from tears, and my face shows just how bitter and peppery the feeling was.

I don’t ever want to do this again.

“It’s a surprise to have someone in this room who doesn’t know who I am. Other slaves, just like their owners, dare not, but you? Something about you confuses me as well.” While this man speaks, I feel like my head is starting to spin. I close my eyes for some time, still listening to him, but it’s like I’m in two different bodies where one is dozing out into another consciousness.

Does that even make sense?

“I have smelled you. You don’t smell like a human, nor do you smell like a she-wolf. What are you, dear?”

“Can I have one more shot?”

Okay, I may hate the taste, but sure, this sensation is heavenly. No wonder a lot of people get addicted. It’s like I cannot think anymore. I am unworried. I’m just... there’s an arising feeling of freedom.

After I’ve taken another, I begin to spill. I told this Alpha Alaric, who now looks damn hot before me, that I could touch him sensually, about how my life changes just in the blink of an eye.

I told him how, four days ago, I never thought I’d be here. How my life changed when the family I have left died and I was captured, and how I came to be here. I even told him about the wound at the side of my neck that Kade put there with his “stupid” claws.