Chapter One - Plot Twist

Like most mornings, Hermione was awoken by her alarm clock going off. Her husband gave a groan and leaned in to her, kissing her cheek, like he did almost every morning from they moved in together.

"Good morning, my love," he smiled as he pulled the duvet off himself.
"Morning," she grinned, her whole face lighting up the way it did when she looked at him. Her Knight in shining armour. She couldn't imagine a more perfect match for herself.

"You're still nervous, aren't you?" He asked, reading her face. He knew her well enough to know that she was dreading this weekend just as much as she was looking forward to it. She was a bag of mixed emotions, and it was evident.
She gave a nod and sighed. "I'm sorry. I know it's silly to be worrying, but I can't help it. This is a huge deal." She lifted the ivory card off her bedside table, re-reading the invitation for maybe the hundreth time since it arrived to her home four weeks ago.

Ms Hermione Granger,
You are cordially invited to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Class of '98/'99 ten year reunion.

Friday 17th - Monday 20th June 2009

Our weekend will include a feast on Friday evening followed by a tour of grounds on Saturday morning.
Saturday night will be a reunion ball with dinner and dancing followed by activities on Sunday before departing on Monday. Please see our itinerary for a detailed outline of the weekend events.

We look forward to your response by no later than 19th May.

Kindest Regards
Minera McGonagall
Headmistress

P.S. I do hope you consider coming as it would be lovely to see you and your family again. It has been too long.

"Everything is going to be fine, darling," her husband assured her as he wrapped an arm around her and gently lifted her onto his knee, holding her to him. "It's going to be fun. We will go and see the school and meet your old schoolmates. Won't it be exciting for you to see the likes of Neville Longbottom and Ginny Weasley again?"

Hermione sighed. "It's Ginny Potter now from what I've heard. And it will be lovely to see them all again. To see Harry again."

"I know how much you've missed him."
She nodded. "But with Harry and Ginny, comes Ronald, and I don't know if I am quite ready to see him again."

"I don't blame you at all, but I will be with you every step of the way. I will not leave your side. Neither will Luna. You know she won't. We won't even give...him a chance to get near you." She looked up at her husband of five years. He really was sweet.

She leaned in and kissed his cheek. "What would I do without you?"
He gave her a little squeeze as he rested his chin on her shoulder. "Let's hope you never have to find out."

There was a small cry from the room next door, and both Hermione and her husband jumped out of bed. He made it to the door first in a pair of pyjama bottoms, which were hanging criminally low on his hips. Sometimes Hermione still blushed when she looked at him. His chiselled six-pack and muscular arms. He was enough to make any woman swoon. What he was doing with Hermione, she had no idea, but she would be forever grateful to whoever sent this God-like creature to her. "I will sort her out. You go and make us a cup of coffee." He winked at his wife as he walked out of the room.

Hermione watched him leave, biting her lip, a blush coming over her cheeks as she remembered the events of the night before. She slipped on her silk dressing gown and headed downstairs. As she passed the room next to their master suite, she paused, hearing the usual voice ringing out. "Good morning, my little beauty. How are you this morning? Did you have a good sleep?" She peaked in to watch as her daughter lifted up her little hands, wanting to be lifted out of her cot.