Chapter Thirty Eight - Quidditch

Hermione groaned to herself as she stood outside the changing rooms in the Quidditch stadium. She never thought she would be back here so soon. Maybe when or if her own kids played while at school but that was a long way off yet. She couldn't believe she had become one of the girls she used to make fun of. The school girls that would stand outside waiting on their boyfriend to come out ready to play so they could give him a good luck kiss.

And that is exactly what she was doing now. She could laugh at the irony.

"Well this is a sight I like to see," Draco beamed as he left the changing room in Quidditch robes. His trousers and padding were the usual cream colour and his top was a mixture of purple and gold.
"Purple?" She smirked as she wrapped her arms around him.
He looked down at his clothes and shrugged. "Boys wanted green, Luna wanted blue and Harry wanted red. We have to improvise. Pansy came up with the purple. She designed them."
Hermione smiled. "Of course she did."

"So , not that I am not happy to see you but what brings you down here? Why aren't you up in the stands?" He frowned and looked down. "Have you decided not to stay and watch?" He looked miserable at the thought and Hermione's heart ached for him.
"Draco, I -"
"It's alright," he shrugged. "I know you hate Quidditch and I don't want you to be bored."
She clapped her hand over his mouth. "Of course I am watching you. I wouldn't miss it!" She had planned to quietly read while the match was on but she was determined now to watch the whole game from beginning to end. She used to watch Harry's and Ron's. She was always bored out of her mind but she was doing this for Draco.

"I was just here to wish you good luck and give you this," she smiled as she pulled him down to her level, kissing him quite passionately.
He lifted her into the air swinging her around. "You are amazing!" He beamed. "But you don't have to if you don't want to."
"Of course I want to," she answered as she smoothed his uniform down as the others came out of the changing rooms too.

Pansy ran straight to Leo and jumped into his arms as Daphne kissed Theo. Luna and Blaise were already making little googly eyes at each other and Harry and Ginny were leaning into each other and already talking plays. They always did take Quidditch seriously.

Draco kissed Hermione again. "You better go before I don't let you leave."
"I don't think you could play as well with me hanging off your broom." She smirked kissing him again and hugging him tightly.
"Want to give it a go?" He asked wiggle my his eyebrows and making her giggle.
"Go and enjoy yourself. Daph, Leo and I have seats at the front and I will be cheering loud and proud for my husband." She kissed him again. "And another for luck!" She kissed him again, lingering slightly blushing as she knew everyone was watching.

"You two are sickly sweet," Blaise rolled his eyes and pulled Draco's arm. "Come on lover boy before your broom is not the only wood you have to deal with!"
Everyone laughed at this as Hermione's blush deepened and she waved at Draco as he was dragged away from her. "Have fun and be safe!" She called to the group.
"Yeah you'll smash it!" Leo punched the air as Pansy blew him a kiss as she headed onto the grounds.
"Let's find our seats," Daphne said taking Hermione's hand and heading to the stairs.

As promised Hermione was in the front row, standing and leaning over the edge to ensure she had the best view of the field. It reminded her of the matches she used to come to, to support Harry. But this was even more special and the whole team were her family.

The crowd roared as the players flew onto the pitch. Blurs of purple and gold zoomed past her as well as navy and white, green and white, yellow and red, black and gold, red and black, pink and white, navy and light blue, maroon and white and finally rainbow coloured. Ten teams would be competing.

It wasn't too often that Draco got to play Quidditch. They had their own stadium at home in the grounds and he would often head out to fly around, practise moves and run drills. He would even play with the boys when they visited but it wasn't the same as a game in front of an audience and Hermione knew that he was probably bursting with excitement.