Bloodbath

Three.

Two.

One.

The horn that blew was so loud as everyone took off running towards the middle.

Percy's feet kicking up tufts of grass they were digging in so hard into the soft ground.

Eyes set on her spotted weapon, leaning nicely against a backpack.

But on the way, while stepping over a spear, she kicking it up, seeing it catch the tribute to her right right under the jaw and his own sprinting shoving it up in his skull through the soft pallet.

BOOM!!

That sound and sight would haunt her for days but she looked ahead and dove to the blade and bag, throwing it one on her back while twisting the other to block a strike from above.

She sent a hard kick at the tribute, locking swords again and shoving her back since this was a normal tribute and she was just trying to fight her because fear was telling her too.

Spinning the blade down and driving it through her chest, twisting and hearing a crack.

BOOM!!

She looked at her face for a moment longer before looking around, the bloodbath was always so fast and brutal... And to say before, her and the other candidates would bet on who'd make it out alive as a joke... There is nothing funny about this.

Raising the lower arm length blade up to the boy confidently walking up to her.

"We don't wanna fight lover girl."Cato laughed and as cocky as ever but none of the other careers had the face that said they agreed. Love girl really?

"What if I do?" So many had already died.

"It wouldn't be a good choice, it is four against one."

"Well then fight me and let's see it."

"That's not why I approached you." He dropped his won short sword down. "See? No harm." But she was aware how lethal he was with simply his hands. "We both know you can't get away from us." Waving at Marvel with a spear and Glimmer with a bow. "So why not accept my alliance?"

She frowned... But Katniss had ditched her... That stung a lot.

"Be part of the carers, I know you can be useful. At the end we'll fight each other and the victor is the winner of those fights."

"And why?"

"I saw you, your little girl on fire ditched you, she could have grabbed that bow before Glimmer did, she was closer, she grabbed a bag and ran without looking back at you. She outshone 2 and I am furious."

"I am to help you find her."

"You understand things quickly. That way we can help each other. I promise on my pride as one of 2, if you help us kill her, I'll keep you alive until the end."

What choice did she have? None really, it was either help them track Katniss which she didn't want to do, other was to die now as she was not blind, he was right, she'd die here if she didn't join them. The air smelt of enough blood already.

"Fine." She nodded. "But the moment you or any of you are a danger to me I swear I will gut you."

"Fine by me." He held out his hand for her to shake.

"Get your hand away from me." She hissed and he just shrugged.

"Come on, gather supplies and charge your bags, grab more weapons, let's leave this place and go tracking." Cato called.

Percy already felt morose as it was but this... This was pure evil.

Watching them from home was different then being faced with careers of her own and hear them talk so lightly about killing people.

She might be trying to convince herself about all this being ends to a mean but the face of the d6 boy and the d3 girl would forever stay in her mind and haunt her with the deaths she had given them.

And knowing the logo of the Capitol was stamped in huge on her outfit almost was reason enough to fight through this in only a bra, to not wear this disgusting symbol.

----------------------------------------------

The careers joked, laughed and took pleasure in killing.

This... This was completely different from her hurting people... While tormenting people was fun, this was psychopathic.

Running down one of her fellow candidate and the brutality with which Cato lobbed off her head made her want to hurl.

Swallowing it back down as she couldn't afford seeming weak.

But she felt weak since despite her betrayal of their alliance, Percy had been worried about her until she was sure Katniss didn't show up on the fallen tribute display in the sky.

Why did she care for a girl she almost went out of her way to torment back in 12? Always keeping a close eye on her and waiting for her to mess up to swoop in to teach her a lesson. She was the prodigious girl in 12 so why was it such a weird obsession to hurt a girl that couldn't fight back outside of her need to see people at her feet?

Was it to know she is better then her like for others? Was it knowing she could get what she want? That she couldn't be hurt no more? Was it that?

But if it was, she shouldn't be this angry with herself for helping them track her, she fucking abandoned her.

Still... It didn't feel right.

Her declaration in the interviews trying to worm itself in her mind but a fearful wall of steel stood to keep it out.

The careers are blood monsters.

Night had fell and a little girl had made a fire, Cato coming up behind and and cleaving into her back with his sword as she screamed.

"You're going to leave her?" She asked in disgusted shock as the girl stopped screaming and became boring to the career.

"She'll die anyway." Marvel said, shrugging at her reaction. "Finnish the job if you want it."

"Monsters, all of you."

"Just like you are." Cato reminded. "Welcome to the club."

She grit her teeth, pulling her blade out from between her waist and belt, stepping around him.

The girl had lethal wounds but her canon had not gone off, she was still alive.

And she looked so young, maybe like how old Prim was... Would she had been able to protect her if Katniss didn't volunteer? Sadly, she doubts it.

Turning the sword downwards and driving it through her back.

BOOM!!

"If you want to kill, at least learn how to do it. Don't half-ass it." She glared at Cato, walking away, knowing she'd be followed anyway.