Sparks

(So, of course, she is different from Peeta; that's all I'll say.)

Thunder.

A storm so powerful it would flatten the arena.

Was what Katniss felt when she was the one walking ahead and so she let Percy walk first.

Come on, for once that she has a come back to the plan Percy always jumps out with without confronting her. For once she was not the one to suffer the repercussion of Percy's plan.

It was so hot in here.

Sweating and the drying salt in her outfit was itchy.

But she was happy she was fine... Even if she was slashing the vegetation with anger.

She had almost shot Finnick in worry before seeing the golden bracelet.

Not seeing Percy was bad since she knew she couldn't swim and it was Mags waving into empty waters that got Finnick to dive in, proving to her that Percy either just drowned in front of the old lady of something happened.

That boom was a heart stopper until she came splashing up to the surface.

She rubbed her ear, it was ringing louder and louder.

That ear had gone death in the 74th and now she could hear the force fiel-- WAIT.

"STOP!!!"

Percy halted with her arm in the air before dropping it and looking back at Katniss looking panicked.

"What?" 

"You need to come back now!" She said urgently, almost yelling it was so urgent but Percy so not danger around.

"Why?" She threw her hands up at her side, despite Katniss stopping the strike, this movement lead to her smacking her hand back into the fore field.

A huge cloud of sparks came, blinding Katniss.

"PERCY!!" Looking around, the girl thrown down right back at her feet.

She dropped to a crouch as Percy tried to push off her stomach, one eye closed, still for a while before finally breathing in and couching.

Since it was not a full force into it she avoided the lethal shock but it was still something, gasping for air and coughing, having been unable to breath from the impact momentarily.

Hissing as pain either dulled or got worse.

"Are you alright?!" Katniss asked, Finnick hurrying back over.

Percy hissed between her teeth, pushing up her sleeve to look at her arm.

She hit her metal rings hand into it, the metal ring, and her arm hurt.

Her skin was bright red and it looked like a something lightning-like was burnt into her arm and it hurt so much.

But still.

That's not what made her go pale.

"I can't feel my leg." Was it the shock? The sudden adrenaline? Or was it... "I-I can't feel it!"

Katniss hissed when she looked down.

"Just dislocated." Finnick said. "Probably a bad fall, I couldn't see, I was blinded by the light." Katniss wanted to smack him for joking right now, having one fake leg was bad enough.

"Shit." Percy muttered, aware that it was bad.

"Hey it's not that bad, we can fix it, it will just hurt."

"Well get to it."

"So demanding, are those your hormones?"

"Finnick I will put an arrow through you." Katniss threatened, he lifted his hands in surrender.

"Fine fine, get on your back I guess."

Her body felt heavy, probably from the electrical shock and how she nicely tattooed the incident into her skin but the burn left behind by it, groaning as she flipped. Lucky her that she has metallic rings and a metal leg right? Oh how she loves sarcasm.

"Ah, not that bad, not even completely misplaced." So shock or adrenaline numbing, got it.

"How do you even know this?"

"I was an accident prone child, I can dislocate my fingers and left elbow and pop them back in easily because it happened so muc--" "Finnick I will send you to the (shadow realm) grave right here right now is you don't shut up."

"Alright, geez you ladies are impatient." Just him grabbing her leg caused pain to shoot up. "Well on five."

She blindly grabbed Katniss' hand despite each little movement hurting for her left one.

"One-Crack-five."

"YOU MOTHERFUCKING APE MUTT!!" She kicked him in the chest with the metal let, sending him down.

Rolling to her side and hugging her knees to her chest as if to safe keep them from Finnick, as if he'd break them now that they were good.

"Why did you do that?" Katniss glared.

"It is better like this, you don't think of the pain as much and so feel it less."

"Fucker." Percy groaned.

"I'd love to be insulted a bit more please keep going." Finnick's voice dripped with sarcasm. "But we should move before we are found."

He was unfortunately correct.

Percy struggled to stand with Katniss' help, still needing it to walk as the ground was too unstable and slippery for her metal leg when the normal one was the one limping because of the the injury.

She hated already being hurt like this but it couldn't be helped.

"How did you know there was something there?" She asked Katniss.

"I hear it."

"... And you say I am weird." She sighed but added nothing more.

(I told you she was different, you'll get your 'i thought you died!' moment a bit later.)