Parade II

It was a tiresome start to the day.

Instantly grabbed by their respective stylists to be brought to their booths. (This time, just imagine Peeta's outfit; I can't find a different one I like enough.)

At least it was not as revealing as last time, instantly put in a suit type outfit, probably to match with Katniss.

Percy sighed, she'll need to apologize for her freaking, she never wanted to scream at her like that, her nerves were raw but it was not a reason to yell in her face.

She felt quite like an idiot.

The stylist worked away as Percy thought.

Once again, back in the maw of the beast... She'd feel better if Katniss wasn't here, she'd miss Haymitch if somehow she survived but this is Katniss. And this time no chance for a double victory.

She knew Snow never forgave last time, there will not be a second.

And this time, she will not let Katniss make the choice.

She can't bare losing someone else, if there is a chance Katniss survives, Percy will massacre all those that stand in her way, she be the merciless monster she was taught to be, she'll be her namesake, she'll be a trackerjacker, she'll hunt until she is sure her target is dead and stab them a few more time after that to make sure her mockingjay can fly free while she'll rest her wings and sting before expiring in the arena.

After all, the only animal foolish enough to eat trackerjackers is the humble mockingjay.

--------------------------------------

The chariots were a golden here, a final beautiful send off for 23 of them and one victor... (victor but squared, victor to the power of two)

All those around them had the time to be victors while those of 12 couldn't.

They had connections, knew each other, prefixed loyalties, 12 truly was an outcast.

She closed her fists. That will not stop her.

She was meant to be a peacekeeper dammit, she was a candidate, she was meant to be stronger then these people to keep them in line and she will.

If it takes her wobbling in her own blood once again, so be it, she'll paint the arena red with her own innards.

Narrowed eyes, a guy talking to Katniss and making her uncomfortable, she could see it from the distance still.

He glanced at her, smiling, throwing a sugar cube in his mouth before telling Katniss something and walking away.

"What did 'I can take five guys and not in a fight' dude want from you?" Percy asked when in hearing distance, watching the guy only having a net around his waist walk away.

"He just wanted to know about my secrets and don't insult people."

"That was a compliment little hunter, saying seven would be the insult."

"Come on people, get in place, parade starting soon!"

Percy climbed up on the chariot, offering her hand back to help Katniss up.

"I can get on by myself." She still grabbed the hand.

"I know." Percy grinned as she helped. "But I wasn't the one to almost fall off little girl."

"You are like two years older."

"I'll keep repeating it while I am still older." Since when she is dead Katniss will outgrow her in every way... She just hopes she'll choose Peeta and not Gale.

She grabbed the railings when the chariot took off, this year Katniss didn't almost fall off, good, she learned.

She was more of less glaring at the people with a cool face, bored of doing this and not wanting to put in effort like the last time.

Feeling a hand over hers, sneaking a glance at Katniss before flipping her hand so she could grab Katniss' and put hers on top.

The glare at Snow held so much strength it was a surprise the man didn't drop dead.

Not even winter can kill a jacker with a hive and this jacker's hive was on fire.

Monster against monster.

Nature against creation.

Old against new.

cold against warmth.

One of them always wins.

And if Percy has a say, we might already guess which side it meant to win.