CHAPTER 02: Verdant Earth Sanctum

Content Warning: The following content may contain sensitive material that could be triggering to some individuals. Topics covered may include but are not limited to violence, abuse, self-harm, suicide, mental health struggles, discrimination, and other potentially distressing themes. Reader discretion is advised. 

IRIS CLEVE DIORA

"Hwa!" I gasped for air as soon as I woke up from falling unconscious because of the fumes released by the people in my previous school.

I'm laying on the ground of an unknown place and there is something wrong with the air... Could it be that we've been out for days? Because if I look around some of the people around me are still passed out.

Most are awake now and when I look around I saw other people wearing the same uniform as me but I can recognize no one, maybe a few faces I remember coming across the streets but no one I'm familiar enough to talk to.

I looked at them and there is something common about everyone that is awake and that is they're all looking at the same direction, the same thing and that is the gigantic screen in front of us.

It's size is the same as a billboard and it has a timer set in it.

[Welcome players!]

As soon as the timer ended the text displayed on the screen changed and it sounded like you got a notification causing everyone else to wake up from their slumber.

[Number of players in the lobby: 5,000]

[5,000 players are now declared as participants of the next raid]

"What is that..?" The other people asked the same thing and looked around hoping for someone to know the meaning or the reason on why this thing is happening to us.

[Welcome to Esimel]

[Esimel have contacted the realm Earth]

[The contact have been successful because of the Meteor Fragments]

[The Meteor Fragments give terrestrial beings extra terrestrial abilities]

[Please look at your wrist to see the device that is restricting it]

Everyone looked down and saw a glowing white chain like accessory wrapped around our hand "It won't budge!" Said by people who tried to remove it from their wrists.

[These Meteor Fragments have finite numbers and are scattered all across Esimel]

[There are no existing list of them]

[Players are free to hunt for these fragments for bonus rewards]

[Esimel system is now contacting Earth Government]

[Contact successful]

[Dungeons will now be opened by Esimel system]

[Earth government will be removing the restraining device after the players enter the gate]

I looked around and everyone seems to be in a state of panic and confusion, some of them are already forming temporary alliances to survive the first dungeon. I suppose that can be a smart move but it can change.