CHAPTER 03: The Earthshaper's Embrace

While walking around the place, random torches appeared on the path as the sun disappeared "It says that you can use a lot of Skills, that's cool." While following Retina's path, I skimmed over his Skills.

"It says here that once you reached level five, I will be able to mount you..." Currently, he's only at level three and it seems that it won't be hard to level him up since I will be using him for everything that I will do.

Considering that I am really useless with this amount of Stamina even though my Mana is really high, if I can't use it then it's useless too.

"Let us check your Status, Retina..." I opened his Menu and looked for the button.

[Intelligence: 90] - [Strength: 85]

[Agility: 95] - [Vitality: 90]

[Charisma: 85] - [Endurance: 87]

[Fatigue: 00] - [Mana: 10,000]

Oh, I really am useless.

"Huh... What are we doing here?" I mumbled as I closed his Status and looked at what ruined building Retina brought me to.

"Are you saying we spend the night here?" I asked the warg but it just looked away. That's weird, usually he can understand me and would nod but he doesn't have any reaction right now.

He just continued to walk until we've reached the middle of this circular place.

That's right, this place is a circular building without any second floor but I guess I can compare it to the colosseum? Just smaller-

[Iris Cleve Diora entered the battle for the Earthshaper's Embrace]

"Excuse me? A battle for what exactly?" I asked as I looked up at the panel floating in thin air with an annoyed expression.

Out of the blue, the system showed a 3D model of the ring I saw on the special items earlier.

"Retina you little prick... You're lucky you're my wolf." I sighed as I harshly ruffle it's head before its aura and demeanor took a complete turn, now being more serious and alert.

[The players will expire after 1:00:00]

"Expire... So that mean I only need to keep other players from entering the battle field and I'll be free, right?" I mumbled to myself as the panel started to fade.

That will be easy, but why did Retina bring me here? Is this the main purpose of familiars, for them to lead you to this place?

Oh, come to think of it, their description said that Wargs usually guard sacred places, that may be why he knew about where this ring is hidden.

"Excuse me..!" I heard a small voice making me turn around immediately. What a great fucking timing kid!

Oh, no. Don't you dare "Don't step into the platform!-"

[Elie Augustin Pierre entered the battle for the Earthshaper's Embrace]

"Huh?!" He exclaimed as he looked at the panel in shocked.

It's already night outside... He must've saw the light from the panel earlier and thought that someone will be staying here for the night too.

I sighed, "You want to spend the night here, correct?" I asked and he nodded.