04

. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁˖ . ݁ Your POV . ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁˖ . ݁

I lead Auston to the living room where the girls had strewn their toys everywhere. I spent the entire morning cleaning the place from top to bottom but I knew no matter how hard I scrubbed and rinse, this apartment would never compare to what Auston must be living in. I was a little embarrassed by the mess but I knew he would have to get used to it if he was going to be a dad.

The twins eyes were glued to the tv as they watched Encanto for the thousandth time, so I had to get their attention for them to notice the new person in the room.

"Girls, are you going to come say hi?" I asked calmly.

When they pulled their eyes away from the screen, the twins weren't sure what to do with the tall figure. It was rare that a man besides my dad stepped foot in here, especially one of Auston's large stature so I could tell the girls were slightly uneasy. June looked at her sister shyly, waiting for her to make the first move as usual. For the first time, I had seen Jovie recoil in nervousness. Neither of them knew what to do now that he was in the room and they knew he was their dad.

I could see the turmoil behind Auston's eyes as he didn't know how to approach them, wondering if he made the wrong choice coming here and thinking it was best to let them come to him so he knew they were comfortable.

Just as it seemed he was going to run for the door and never come back, Jovie slowly got up and cautiously walked over to him, June quickly following on her sister's heels.

Auston bent down and opened his arms, engulfing the twins in a big hug. There were no words between them, but I could tell it wasn't a bad silence. They were enjoying each other's presence. I could see June lightly sniff the hood of Auston's sweater, smiling sweetly at the calming scent of her dad.

It wasn't until the three pulled away that I noticed the tears in Auston's eyes.

"Why you cryin' ?" Jovie asked with a frown on her face.

"You two are so beautiful" Auston said smiling through tears.

He brushed their hair back as they both leaned against him once again, placing a soft kiss on each of their foreheads.

To eliminate any awkward tension from rising, I decided to get everyone to the table for dinner.

I could see the girls start to loosen up as we began eating, and Auston could barely get a bite in before Jovie started asking all the questions on her "About Dad" list.

"What's your favourite colour?"

"Black"

"What's your favourite animal?"

"mm wolf maybe?"

"What's your favourite tv show?"

"The office"

"Hm. sounds boring. What's your favourite food?"

"Mexican food"

"Messican food?"

I decided to give Auston a minute to breathe, "Jovie baby, we're not playing 21 questions slow down and eat your dinner" I said as everyone around the table giggled.

After some silence June finally spoke up, "What's Messican?" She asked innocently, looking up at Auston with her big eyes.

He cracked a smile and tried not to laugh as he explained to them, "Well Mexico is a country, that's where my mom is from, so that makes me part Mexican. People speak spanish in Mexico, and make food special to that country, so it's called Mexican food. You know, because i'm Mexican, that also makes you two part Mexican" He explained slowly.