08

Posting another chapter because I have a question..

If I did a Matt Rempe story next would anyone read? I don't know if we're like solely Leafs girlies here so let me know

Also, do you prefer having OC names or would you rather Y/N? It's just feels a little cringe to type that out but I want you to enjoy the stories

Thank you <3

─────────── ˚ʚ💌ɞ˚ ─────────

"What's going on with you Tony?"

"Nothing, i'm good. I think i've just been kinda sick recently" I lied.

The entire team kept their eyes on me for the past week, noticing I wasn't playing the best but not really knowing why.

I hadn't seen the girls since we came home from Arizona, 9 days ago. I hadn't even spoken to Chantelle who had started texting me again 6 days ago, her last message stinging with a "I'm not asking for me, i'm asking for your daughters."

I don't know why I was getting in my head so much. I knew I loved her and wanted to be with her, but already having kids, being in Arizona and getting a glimpse of what life would be like as a real family, it scared me. I was afraid to commit to something because what if I wasn't good enough? I was never in any serious relationships after I lost contact with Chantelle, and I don't know the first thing about being a good boyfriend or dad.

As I sat in silence untying my skates, Mitch came over and sat down on the bench next to me. I rolled my eyes as I expected a lecture,

"Let's hear it"

"Don't do that with me man. You've been a dick, and you're shitty on the ice so either tell me what's going on or keep spiralling on your own"

I sighed before speaking, "I haven't seen or talked to the girls since Arizona" I said quietly.

Mitch's eyebrows knit together in confusion as Will heard our conversation from next to us, walking over and taking a seat too.

"Why? What happened" Will added, inserting himself into the conversation.

"I don't know. Seeing Chan with my family and the twins, it just felt really real. Like we were a family. Then we were in bed one night, we kissed and I just got scared. I've never been so committed to something"

"God you're an idiot Aus, this isn't just about you anymore. Sure Chantelle will be pissed and get over it, but you have to think of your kids. They're dependent on you now."

Mitch was right. I was an idiot. I missed my kids, being woken up by their tiny hands on my face, snuggling them into me while watching a movie, seeing them so excited in the stands with Chantelle. God I missed her too, how was I supposed to fix this?

We all went home after but I couldn't just sit here with my thoughts, it was too much. I decided to walk down to the bar near my house so that I could just walk home, underestimating how much I was going to drink that night.

I had met some guys and started drinking with them, some girls would approach me but I wasn't interested in any of them. It also didn't help that I would pull out my wallet and show them my twins if they got too touchy or in my face.

I could barely see straight as the night got darker, stumbling around the bar to the point the bar tender had to call me a cab, giving him Chantelle's address.

I had no idea what time it was when I got there, but she looked tired and pissed when she opened the door. I wasn't really understanding the situation at the moment, but I knew I was excited to see her so all I could do was smile as I stumbled forward a little bit.