09

-Chantelle POV

I had expected this to happen at some point, so I couldn't allow myself to panic. I knew what would come when we became apart of his life, and that meant that we would also be put in the spotlight.

For the most part, a lot of the comments on the articles were positive, people saying nice things about the twins or myself. Of course none of that comes without negativity but I didn't care about any of that, the girls would never see it so I wasn't concerned.

Tomorrow, the Maple Leafs were holding their annual outdoor practice, and while Auston was mortified by the whole situation, thinking I would be upset, I encouraged him to take the twins on the ice so they could get a glimpse of what his life was like and get them used to all the people. The other Leaf kids did it all the time so I saw no harm in having the girls try it.

I walked into the living room to see the twins sitting on the couch, Jovie was playing with June's hair, attempting what looked like some form of a braid.

"Tomorrow daddy and the Leafs are practicing outside so all their fans can watch them, do you two want to go and skate with him?"

They both looked at me and nodded their heads.

"There will be a lot of people watching, some of them might want to give you a high five or take a picture of you. Are you okay with that?"

"Will daddy hold my hand?" June asked innocently.

"Daddy will be with you the whole time, and mommy will just be outside the rink waiting for you"

"We just say hi to the people?" Jovie asked.

"It would be very nice of you to say hi to the people. They really like your daddy and will be excited to see you, just like you were excited when you first saw him. And he was very nice right?"

"mhm" they both said with a nod.

"Right, so we want to be that nice to other people, okay?"

They both nodded with smiles as they went back to playing with each other's hair.

Well that went a lot easier than I thought it would. I texted Auston to let him know we would meet him there tomorrow for the outdoor practice. Despite him asking over and over if I was sure we were okay with it, I finally convinced him that everything would be fine.

I walked into the kitchen to start on dinner for the twins when I noticed my phone light up with a new DM. I didn't think much of it because I had been getting a lot of new notifications since all the news broke out, but my phone lit up again shortly after.

I opened the notification to see a familiar name,

─────────────────────────────────
Tessavirtue17:

Hey! Auston mentioned that you and the girls are going to the outdoor practice tomorrow

I don't really want to show up alone and we haven't gotten the chance to talk a lot yet, do you want me to pick you three up and we can go together?
─────────────────────────────────

Holy shit?

To me, Tessa was like way cooler than any of the Leafs. I mean I watched when she represented Canada with Scott, I was amazed. Now here we are, with her in my DMs, asking to drive me to the outdoor practice so we can get to know each other.

I texted back a quick but polite response to let her know that I would love to get to know her better and that it would be nice to have another friend in Toronto.