𝟗. 𝐒𝐔𝐂𝐂𝐄𝐒𝐒

𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐄𝐒 was not an easy job to say the least. He was in the Valhalla arena, discussing with Ares on what seemed to be about an upcoming fight between humans? It had took the goddess hours just to locate where the messenger god was, so she put her questions before her curiosity of their conversation. Upon spotting the Olympian, she seized the opportunity to approach him.

Thoughts of possibilities swirled in her mind as she hastily inquired, "Hermes, do you happen to know who gifted me these past few weeks?"

Hearing her voice, the god redirected his attention to y/n.

"I apologise that I unfortunately am unable to tell you anything"

"Could you not at least provide me with a hint?" She looked at him optimistically, hoping that he would somehow change him mind and help her with finding out who it was.

𓇽

Annoyed and disappointed were two words that could have described how she was feeling as she was glumly walking back home. Form what she had found so far, the letters did spell out 'Poseidon', but nevertheless, the goddess was still unsure.

Little did she know how all her questions would be answered on this very day.

Subsequent to walking back to her house, she had discovered the sea god standing on the doorstep.

He was the first to speak, "follow me".

After the straightforward command, the tyrant walked past her. Astonished at his unexpected visit, she was hesitant to do so, but with one sharp look given to her by the sea god, it was already enough for her to do as told. The goddess obeyed almost immediately in fear for her life.

What did she do? Was he always this blunt? Has she found out too much and now was on her way to death? Was this really how it was going to end? More thoughts had made its way to her mind as she discreetly trailed behind Poseidon.

𓇽

The goddess eventually realised that the location the sea god had brought her to, it was indeed his domain. To be precise, his aquatic garden. Poseidon had managed to bring the helpless goddess to his gardens pond.

The sea god then motioned for her to look inside of the pond, to which she complied and walked over slowly. She saw a pair of koi fish gracefully navigating the waters of the pond. She had noticed how koi fish paired with the yin-yang symbol. This represented the harmony of the two opposite energies coming together as one, creating a perfect balance.

This may have been nothing special for others, but he recognised the value behind it.

a value that was perhaps only for her.

"That one's yours", Poseidon spoke again. The koi fish that he had indicated to be hers displayed a captivating blend of vibrant hues.

"They're beautiful.."

She smiles before speaking again, "so I was right.."

His eyes subtly widened in response to the goddesses words, unsure of if it had meant for what he had hoped for or not. He redirected his attention from the pond and shifted his gaze towards her, meeting her eyes.

Opting for complete transparency, he pushed his pride back for once, just for her, and mustered the courage to confess that he was the one who had sent all those gifts to her.

Even though she had foreseen this outcome, the goddess still couldn't help but to be taken back to hear it directly from him.

When the goddess heard those words from him, she felt a warm blush which made its way to her face as it stained her cheeks into a rosy shade. Y/n had made a conscious effort to conceal her flushed appearance, attempting to suppress any visible signs of embarrassment.

Taking this as a leeway, Poseidon took a step closer and gently moved in to kiss her, his lips felt surprisingly soft. His lips carried a subtle hint of mint, leaving a faint refreshing taste.

The sea god would have loved to capture this moment, to savour it forever, to keep it forever—it was a wishful thinking of the reality as all good eventually has an end.

Reluctantly, the goddess broke away from the kiss, creating a separation between their lips.

Poseidon, with utmost sincerity, then stated in a tone making it sound like a demand more than a question, "do me the honours of staying by my side for a lifetime."

The goddess emitted a gentle chuckle before meeting his eyes for the nth time.

"of course"

After all, she was his remedy.

|| 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭 ||