The Heart Of The Lion - Part 2

☆Where we left off☆

"You... love me?" Regulus whispered. He sounded so shocked. James didn't answer right away, and he still didn't look up. "Look at me, James." He didn't. "James..." And then, Regulus reached out and lifted James' chin gently until he could see James' eyes. "You love me?" he repeated, not dropping his hand.

Regulus' eyes were so... so... soft. His voice was gentle, his grip on James' chin was gentle... He was just being so tender, and James wanted to kiss the ever-loving shit out of him for it. Their bodies were so close, their faces were so close... all he had to do was...

"Yes..." James whispered, so quietly it was nearly inaudible. But that was all Regulus needed to press himself into James and close the distance between them.

☆Current moment☆

Finally, finally they were kissing, after so long of waiting, wanting, hoping... and it was so much better than James could've imagined. Regulus' lips were so soft against his own, so gentle, so...

And then Regulus pulled back. It was done just as soon as it started, but James wanted so much more. "I'm... I'm sorry, I-" Regulus stuttered, but James cut him off, surging forward to kiss him again. Regulus had only momentarily calmed the urge in him, but James wanted... he wanted... he just wanted. He wanted Regulus, and he wanted so much more than just a simple, innocent press of mouths.

This second kiss was a lot more desperate, almost. James was in the lead this time, and Regulus just folded into the kiss, which James used to his advantage. He took a few steps forward, basically pushing Regulus along, the kiss never breaking, until Regulus was pressed against the wall. James nipped at Regulus' bottom lip, resulting in many muffled sounds that James would like to hear again, now. Their tongues brushed, and Regulus' hands found their way to James' shoulders, and then up into his hair.

This went on for who knows how long... just James and Regulus, in their own little world. Not caring about anything at all, until...

"Holy fuck, Sirius is going to kill me," James whispered through heavy breaths. Regulus was panting, his face inches from James', his pupils dilated so much that James could barely see the silver iris around them.

Regulus chuckled breathily. "That's your first thought?" he asked, a smile breaking out on his face. "We just fucking made out, and your first thought is about Sirius?"

"I... no... you..." James stuttered, his eyes flickering back and forth between Regulus'.

"Just messing with you, Potter," Regulus snickered, pulling him into a hug. "But, alas, you're right. He's going to kill both of us. How sad."

James immediately wrapped his arm's around Regulus' waist and pulled him close. "Only if he finds out..."

Regulus pulled back and let out a breath, smirking. "Keeping secrets now, are we?"

James smirked right back. "Maybe."

☆☆☆

They stayed up on the Astronomy Tower for the rest of the night, talking and stargazing, kissing sometimes if they felt like it. Just being carefree and doing whatever. They parted as the first rays of sunshine appeared on the horizon, heading back to their dorms in an attempt to hide what had happened the previous night.

However, Remus was already awake when James arrived back at his dorm. He silently chuckled as his eyes moved from James' messy hair to his kind of swollen lips. "Don't let Pads find out," was all he said before looking back down to his book. James rolled his eyes and smiled.

For now, it didn't matter what Sirius thought, or what anyone thought. James had Regulus, his star, the owner of his heart. And for now, that was all that mattered.

Fin.

☆☆☆

A/N: Soooo... I didn't know how to end it. It's 1 in the morning, I'm tired, and I just did something. And I know I'm really bad at writing the kiss scenes (I'm writing this as someone who's only kissed one person ever and therefore has little knowledge about kissing, so). I tried. *Cries*

Please leave feedback about this. I'm kinda proud of it, but I want to know what you guys think. Thank you so much.

Word count: 684