The Party

A/N: Y'all it is March 10! Do you know what that means? IT IS REMUS LUPIN'S BIRTHDAY TODAY!!!! So, in honor of that, this will be about Remus' birthday, because I love him so much.

~~~

Sirius, Peter, James, Regulus, and Lily had been planning a surprise party for Remus for a while now, and today was finally they day. They had everything planned out, and it seemed to be perfect. It had to be, for their Moony.

"Remember," Sirius said for the fifth time in 10 minutes. "I'm bringing Remus back here at exactly 6:00 tonight for his party. That is 1 hour from now. If any of you give away this surprise or mess this up in any way, shape, or form, I will slaughter you. Don't you dare ruin my boyfriend's day."

"God, Pads... no need to threaten us," James chuckled. "We love Remus as much as you do. We'd never ruin his day."

"Yeah, Sirius, chill out." Lily rolled her eyes, amused. "Now, go have fun with your boyfriend. We'll see you at 6."

The group dispersed. Sirius went to go find Remus and keep him occupied for the day. Lily went to go find her girlfriend, Mary, and do who knows what. Peter hung around the Gryffindor common room to play chess with some sixth years. And that just left Regulus and James.

"So..." James began. "Anything you have to do today?"

Regulus shook his head. "Barty and Evan disappeared this morning, so I guess we're not finishing our transfigurations project today. So, yeah, I'm free."

"Perfect," James smied.

It seemed like forever since James had gotten Regulus alone. Between Quidditch and schoolwork and friends, it was hard to find time to sneak away and be together. Being in a secret relationship wasn't their favorite thing, but they knew it was for the better. Sirius would kill both of them if he knew.

So, they walked down the corridors and through the courtyard until they arrived at "their spot"... a little hidden alcove by the shore of the Black Lake. This was where they'd had their first kiss, and since then had become their little hideout. Only when they were safely hidden in the trees did Regulus reach over and intertwine his fingers with James'.

"I've missed you," James mumbled, sitting on a low branch in one of the trees. Regulus joined him, leaning his head on James' shoulder.

"I've missed you, too," he replied. "Sorry we haven't had much time to see each other lately."

"Don't apologize. It isn't your fault."

"I know it's not, but..." Regulus sighed. "I just wish we could be together openly. I wish we could tell everyone about us. We've been together for, what... almost a year, at this point? And not a single person knows."

"Oh, Reg, believe me... I would tell everyone in the world about you. I'd parade you around the school and show you off like a trophy, if you'd let me. May I remind you, dating in secret was your idea, not mine."

"You can't even blame me, can you?" Regulus asked. "What would Sirius say?"

"Maybe he'd be fine with it! He's gay too, you know."

"You're dating his brother."

"So? He's basically dating mine."

"You and Remus aren't brothers in the way Sirius and I are. It's different."

"Same thing."

"No."

"Yes."

"Ugh, just shut up," Regulus muttered.

"Make me," James fired back.

Regulus looked up at him, a smirk playing at his lips. "Was that a challenge, Potter?" James shrugged, though it most certainly was. "Oh, my dear, I don't think you want to challenge me."

"Why not?" James replied, copying Regulus' tone. "Why don't you show me?"

"Do not make me take this back to my dorm," Regulus warned. "I will." (this escalated so quick help)

"I know you will," James hummed. "Don't think that would serve you much good, though. I thought your goal was to get me to shut up. And that, love, will certainly do the opposite of shut me up."

"Oh, shame," Regulus said sarcastically before wordlessly apparating himself and James back to his dorm.

You can probably guess what happened next. And yes, James did the opposite of shut up. Well, that's what he got for challenging Regulus.

~~~

Afterwards, they laid in Regulus' bed for a while, Regulus' head on James' chest. They talked about everything and nothing at the same time. They discussed pointless things because, frankly, it didn't matter what they talked about. They just enjoyed each other's company.

It wasn't until it was too late when James remembered to check the time.

"Oh, shit," he hissed, sitting up so fast it scared Regulus. 

"What? What happened?" Regulus asked, lifting himself off of James as the latter stood up and nearly leaped out of the bed, grabbing his shirt from the ground.

"It's 6:15," James answered, and Regulus' face went pale.

"Shit..." Regulus breathed. "Sirius is going to kill us."

"You got that right," James replied, not even bothering to look in the mirror before sprinting out of Regulus' dorm, not even caring who saw him.

~~~

It was 6:19 by the time James and Regulus arrived at the Gryffindor common room. 19 minutes too late. The room was filled with people, drinking and dancing. Music blared. This was all for Remus.

As soon as Sirius saw them, he pushed his way through the crowd and hissed, "Where the fuck were you guys?" He took one closer look at James, whose hair was even more of a disaster than usual, whose shirt was on inside-out, and whose neck was lined with marks, and he answered his own question.

James and Regulus knew they were screwed when Sirius' lips parted and his eyes widened.

"No. Fucking. Way," he breathed, his eyes ping-ponging between them. "You're joking. James, tell me you're joking. Regulus..." He cut himself off. "You did not."

Regulus licked his lip, a nervous tick of his, as Remus approached, asking, "Sweetheart, what's going on over here?" He took one look at James and Regulus before bursting out laughing. "Oh, Sirius... they so did."

Sirius let out a breath as Regulus death-glared Remus. "You brotherfucker..." Sirius whispered at James, murder flooding his eyes.

Through his laughs, Remus managed, "Hey, sweetheart... no killing anyone on my birthday, okay?"

"You are so fucking lucky," Sirius muttered to James and Regulus before turning and leaving. Remus sent them one last amused look before joining his boyfriend, leaving Regulus and James frozen in their spots.

Well, so much for being a secret.

~~~

A/N: Hey guys. Sorry, I haven't posted in a hot minute. I've been working on my other book though. It might be a while before it's reading to publish, but hey, I'm making progress. I'm currently on chapter 10 🤞

Also....... I know I keep doing this but THIS HAS REACHED 2K READS AHHHHH!!!

But anyway... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FAVORITE WOLF!!! LOVE YOU MOONY!!! <333

Word count: 1112