Wattpad Original
There are 2 more free parts

Chapter 17

Anya woke up the next morning to pounding

Anya woke up the next morning to pounding. At first she thought it was just the hangover, but as she blinked against the blinding morning light, she quickly realized it was coming from her front door.

She immediately scrambled to grab her phone from her nightstand and glanced down at the screen.

15 missed calls from Trey.

"Shit." She groaned, reaching over and gently prodding Selené who was still fast asleep beside her. "Selené."

Selené stirred beside her and groggily lifted up her head.

"What?" She said, propping herself up on her elbows.

Anya's eyes darted away from her and over to the bedroom door. She was suddenly acutely aware of the fact that her boss's fiance was disheveled and in bed with her.

"Your fiance is at my front door." She said, "I need you to go down the hall to the guest bedroom. Throw your other clothes on the floor, make a little bit of a mess... but don't be too loud with it. Then get in the bed and pretend you're asleep."

She got up and ran her hand through her hair as she rambled off instructions to Selené, hurrying to pull a T-shirt on. Selené pulled herself up too, suddenly looking much more panicked. Anya grabbed her by the shoulder and pulled her closer before she could spiral anymore.

"Hey, don't freak out. Just calm down and pretend you're asleep." She said, "I'm not going to let anything happen to you, right?"

Selené nodded and pulled away to gather up her clothes from the floor and bundle them into her arms.

"Right."

They slipped carefully out of the bedroom, and Anya waited to hear the door of the guest bedroom click shut before she left the hallway.

As she walked to the door the adrenaline started to wear off, and the searing pain in her arm returned— this time mixed with the lurching stomach and pounding headache of a hangover. At least it would be believable that she hadn't answered her phone, though she didn't know how much leeway that was going to get her with Trey.

She opened the door and there he was— nicely dressed and very pissed off.

It wasn't good to see him pissed off, especially when his anger was directed at her.

"Why didn't you answer your phone?" He demanded as he stepped into her house.

She blinked up at him and took a step back to let him get the rest of the way inside.

"I— sorry." She said, shaking her head and looking away. "I—"

"Where's my fiancé?" He added, grabbing her shoulder and pulling her forward. She winced as her arm was jerked around, but kept herself composed as she stared up at him.