Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

Chapter 19

Anya finally got to see Selené two days later, but it wasn't how she wanted

Trey had invited her over to his house for drinks. Marco was there, which was a relief, but he was mostly absorbed in his phone. Anya thought he had mentioned a woman he was talking to, but she had been so stressed out for the past few days that it was hard to make small talk with him.

In a new turn of events, Trey had kept Selené running around the house the entire night, waiting on them hand and foot. Anya had hardly even had the time to tell her hello. She could only assume that, in his mind, this was some kind of training for what he expected her to do as his wife. It wasn't something she enjoyed watching.

There were two other men there as well. Anya thought Trey had said once that they did something finance related for him. Numbers weren't exactly her area of expertise, so she didn't see them much.

Anya didn't know them that well, and she didn't want to know them well either. She knew she had been to a strip club with one of the guys at least once, maybe during Trey's birthday the year before.

She vaguely remembered that he had annoyed her the entire night, his comments making it obvious that he thought women should be grateful for his attention. At least Trey usually kept his thoughts about women to himself around her.

"More power to you, Trey. I could never get married." The man closest to her said as he watched Selené put together a tray of food in the nearby kitchen. "I don't want to be tied down."

"I don't know. I think I'd be okay with getting married." The other man said. "If I had a wife that listened that well."

Trey turned his attention to where Selené stood in front of the kitchen cabinets, the hem of the short red dress she wore hiking up a bit as she reached a bowl on the top shelf. Anya tried not to seem like she was paying too much attention to her, but it was hard not to look at the bare skin of her legs as she rose up to her tiptoes.

"You have to get them while they're young." Trey said, leaning back a little bit more. "Otherwise they give you problems. Trust me."

Already annoyed, Anya started to tune them out as she watched Selené in the kitchen. When she had realized the handgun she had taken from the man she killed was missing from her nightstand, she was less than happy with her. There was no telling what she was planning to do with it, but Anya knew it was nothing good.

Now she was going to have to figure out a way to find out where it was without Trey noticing what she was doing. What was it with Selené and putting her in situations like this?

Still, it was hard to be too mad at her. Anya watched a curl fall in front of her face as buttered some bread. Selené's hazel eyes glanced up at it, and she blew at it to try and get it away. Anya felt her face burn at the effort it took to not go and talk to her.

"Isn't that right?" Trey said, suddenly pulling her from her thoughts.

"Hm?" She said, blinking at him.

icon lock

Show your support for C. J. Taylor, and continue reading this story

by C. J. Taylor
@FatFreeCoolWhip
When Selené Cortez told her crime boss fiancé that she would rather d...
Unlock a new story part. Your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.
See how Coins support your favorite writers like @FatFreeCoolWhip.