Part V

Anonymously Sweet

Warning: This story has a plotline based on males suffering from bulimia. It is highly triggering, and may cause discomfort with some readers. Please take caution.

PartV: Come to Light

Louis walked hesitantly into the coffee shop, adjusting the glasses that were sliding a bit of the bridge of his nose. He missed his glasses. Sometimes he wore contacts. But those make him want to scoop out his eyes with a spoon when they dried up, so he wouldn't wear them. And he didn't like to wear glasses at school. Another insecurity of him.

Four Eyes

He sighed, approaching the counter. It had been around a week and a half. A week and a half of staring at those two notes that made him regret standing on the scale. That made him regret turning on the shower before he got in to purge and not get caught. That made him regret no brining lunch money t school, or skipping of to his next period to 'study' or simply to the bathroom to vomit again.

All those days, left him clueless. Confused. Was someone stalking him? Who would think he was beautiful? Who knew his secret? His stomach swept empty of any source of food. Bare like the trees with fallen leaves. Like outside.

How his heart felt.

Bare, alone, and trembling with every blow of force.

The blow of force of course being purging. But sometimes, he felt the warm sunny breeze and blossom.

How he felt when he read the notes. But not only that, Louis had eaten.

He had eaten a full meal yesterday.

The meal being dinner, and his mother threatening to bring him to the emergency room if he were to become sick again. Considering the fact nobody in the Tomlinson household was getting sick. No disease being spread. Leaving his mother to think terrible thoughts of tumors and other strange things. Drug use even.

But Louis went up to the counter, the curly haired blushing green eyed boy behind the counter. Sorting bagels out underneath the display, then rushing to see Louis' demands for service.

"Hello how may I-"

"I have a question for you." The unknown boy's eyes grew wide. He cleared his throat.

"Um, yes sir?"

"Has anyone been coming here recently? Walking towards me or my friend? We're regulars and I always get notes from someone." Louis mumbled the last 6 words. The boy smiled, rubbing his chin with an amused look in his eyes.

"Have you now? Nope I haven't seen anyone sorry." Louis sighed, pivoting on his heel before making a full 360 spin.

"What is your name?" Louis questioned.

"M'names Harry." Louis' eyebrows cut together.

"They signed it with a J..." He whispered.

"What was that?" Harry asked confused.

"Nothing, thanks for the help though." Harry's smirk flew onto the floor, but Louis was oblivious.

"Wait Lou!" Harry called out to him. Louis spun around.

Did you tell him your name?

"Someone said to give this to you." He whispered pulling out an envelope. Louis' eyes creased as he went to take it from the boy. It was filled with 3 little notes.

Life is better understood backwards, but must be lived forwards!

Hey! Remember you're picture perfect!

Always remember... You're beautiful!

-Just

Louis eyes went wide. 3 notes? 3 sweet adorable thought filled letters. From Just.

Just who? Justin? Justine? JUST WHO?!

It was driving him insane. Louis ran his trembling fingers through his hair.

"Harry, what'd he look like?" Louis asked, a hushed voice.

"I don't know. He had sunglasses and a beanie on."

"Does he come here often?"

"Yes."

"How old do you think he is?"

"18."

"The hell." Louis whispered shoving the notes into his sweatshirt pocket.

"Sorry M'not much of a help." Harry blushed. Louis couldn't help but smile at the boy.

"It's fine love, let me know if you see him again alright?" Harry nodded, his cheeks flushed apple. Louis exited the shop, trying to go over in his head.

An 18 year old with a beanie, sunglasses, and that goes their often. This was such an odd situation.

As soon as Louis entered his home, he ran past the bathroom and into his bedroom. Pulling out the notes and displaying them on his desk.

I sure think you're beautiful

No matter what the number on the scale tells you, I think you're perfect! You are fine the way you are.

Life is better understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards!

Hey! Remember you're picture perfect.

Always remember... You're Beautiful.

Five notes. Five obnoxiously cute, reassuring notes. On various colors of neon oranges, vibrant red and purple, and yellow note cards. Who wrote them? Who thought Louis was beautiful? Who liked him? It was a boy no doubt, but what boy could like Louis? At least that's what he thought. What boy could like someone who's as 'fat' as him? What boy could think even the slightest positive comment towards Louis? He was weak. And tired. And fat. And bony.

His thighs were to thick and his stomach not as flat.

He wasn't as tall as the other boys.

He just wasn't good enough.

But to whom ever this boy was, he wanted to be anonymous. And Louis doesn't take things like that well. He thought secrets we're cowardly.

Although he brought his own secret to be an exception, because he was doing it for everyone not for himself. To be accepted into society. Just because girls starve themselves too, does that mean he can't? Because he's a boy? He should 'work out' he tried that. And that got him to square 1. Abs, but not good enough.

Never good enough. For anyone.

Who was this boy! Louis groaned shoving his head into his wooden desk, he heard his door creak open, revealing his mother.

"Dinner or do you-"

"I'll go wash up." He sent her a reassuring smile as he moved past her, to go to the bathroom. Her attention was then brought to the bright colored paper on his mahogany desk. She plucked a piece of paper of his desk.

"No matter what the scale tells you, I think you're perfect? You're fine the way you are?" She mumbled to herself allowed. She hinted the smell of coffee on the paper. "J?" She whispered to herself. "Why would the scale...." She thought for a moment.

Louis throwing up.

The unknown illness.

His sudden thin appearance.

She felt the blood drain from her face, as she heard the water turn off in the bathroom. She set down the paper slip and opened the door. She looked at him. As their eyes suddenly met.

"We need to talk Louis."