35 - Going For Blood

Artemis

I walk to Jerry and collect my winnings and when I make my way to the bottom of the bleachers I see three groups of people instead of the small group of my family, one group is of some of the younger people who come here, both boys and girls. The second group is the largest group and is made up of the women who I call MotorHoes. The last is a group of other male riders with their entire bodies covered in tattoos. My blood boils seeing these groups, and I can make good guesses on who is in the middle of each group. A scowl is set on my face as I storm over to the groups, I go to Harry first and shove through the teens. If I was mad before I am scaring Satan himself now. I grab Daniel by the shirt and his eyes widen seeing me.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS!" I scream and shove him to the ground, I turn to Kent next and level him with a glare, before punching him in the nose with a lighter inside my hand. All the teens scatter instantly they know not to go against me. I throw him on top of Daniel who was just getting up before dragging Harry with me to the group of douches. "HEY BACK OFF!" I call out to them and they turn away from Mum to look at me.

"Why would we do that little girl?" The leader of this group of bikes says with a sick smirk on his face,

"Because I said so Trevor," I say in a low dangerous tone and step right up to him, he looks at me his confidence faltering, Good to see he remembers the guys I sent back to him bloody when he sent them on me, I think bitterly.

"Oooo," They all echo trying to psych me out, I don't falter one bit and continue to glare up at him as Harry moves to Mum and moves her with him behind me.

"You're just a girl who came here as a no one," He retaliates,

"BURN!" A few guys call out and I send a quick glare their way to shut them up,

"And you're just a douche who disappointed his parents," I hiss back and poke his chest glaring at him,

"You really want to go little girl?" Trevor threatens cracking his knuckles and gets into a sloppy fighting stance. I scoff turn around and start walking away with Mum and Harry when I hear him move behind me. I push Harry and Mum forward and duck down, when I turn around I'm still low on the floor I sweep his legs and he falls to the ground. He starts laughing,

"Looks like you put up more of a fight than that Slut your protecting," Trevor continues to laugh and pull my lighter back out from my pocket and hold it in my hand and punch his jaw with as much force as I can.

"SHUT UP ASSWHOLE!" I yell and he looks at me with pure hate, he goes to sit up and I change how I'm holding the lighter and light and bring it to his dead-straight brown mullet. He starts rolling on the ground trying to put it out and his gang who are around us start to panic.

"FUCK IT BURNS! YOU HOE!" He screams as the hair reaches his skull, I reach down and place my hand in the middle of his chest to stop him from moving and punch his nose and I hear a satisfying CRUNCH! Trevor starts whining like a baby and I stand up and smirk down at him.

"Night, night," I grit and kick his face as hard as I can and he stops thrusting around. His gang grab him and pretty much run away like little kids. Mum is sobbing and holding onto Harry like he's about to turn into thin air. "Follow me," I say to Harry, he nods and I rush toward the herd of MotorHoes, I push their backs and shove them aside, and Harry who still has Mum holding onto him follow behind. In the center, I see Trish the head of this group batting her eyelashes and dragging her finger down Dad's chest and Dad slapping it away, and he looks around only to see more people. Remus has it worse I think, Trish's best friend Jazzy is grinding on his back and someone is doing the same as Trish was just doing to Dad. If I thought Dad looked awkward Remus is out to pass out he's looking so awkward. I can see his mouth moving like trying to get them to go away. I push the last few people out of the way and yank her hair so she stumbles back.

"AH! You bitch who touched my hair!" Trish squeals and turns to face me with fury written on her face, "You!" She hisses and tries to slap me,

Flashback

January 1993

"You brat! You will appreciate we even let you live here!" Gina screams in my face her breath reeking of beer. I feel a tight slap to the face this time I don't make a sound I don't let the tears fall or even build up. I'm frozen.

"DIDN'T YOU HEAR HER BRAT!?" Mason screams in my ear, I still don't flinch and just nod and stare at the wall.

"That's it we will not take this blatant disrespect!" Gina hisses and shoves me into the small cupboard. I topple over they only gave me a piece of toast at the start of the day and I don't have the strength to fight.

"No. Food. For. Two. Days!" Mason spits before he slams the cupboard door shut and the clink of the key locking tells me it's just me. Finally, I think sadly and with of the dreams where I fall into emerald eyes identical to my own.

Trish's slap brings me back to reality, I still hold the lighter in my hand. Swiftly I move behind her and grab her hair in a fist at the ends and pull it down.

"OW! LET GO!" She screams trying to reach behind her and hit me again, I gently and teasingly scold her,

"Now now don't be rude Trish. It's rude to hit on a man who has a wife and two kids," A deadly undertone to my voice as I speak, everyone around us is silent and watching.

"Let go!" She screams again but a bit quieter and I can tell she's embarrassed,

"Do you really have no shame? Now we are going to make a deal," I laugh humorlessly and flick my lighter on. She flinches at the sound and tries to move away even if it's just a bit, "You are going to leave these men alone got it?" I hiss and pull her hair slightly,

"Oh cause you need a boy your age and two older men to please you," She spits and the girls around us laugh. I bring the flame closer to her shoulder so she can feel the warmth, and Trish shrinks away from it.

"No, that is my brother. My Dad. And my Uncle," I grit and a few gasps go round, "Now let me make myself clear. The deal is you stay away from these three guys and I don't burn all your hair off right this second," I state firmly and move the fire directly down so she can feel the heat of it getting closer to the bottom of her hair.

"OK! OK! You win all of us will stay away just don't burn my hair," She pleads, and all the girls around her nod,

"Good," I spit and let go, Remus and Dad join us. Dad takes Lily from Harry and holds her against him, supporting most of her weight.

"Go home," I whisper to Dad and Remus, they look at me then back at Harry who is quite pale, and Lily who is sobbing before they nod and walk away into a little Alley to apparate.

1357