𝐱𝐢. 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ ENDGAME} act i. . .
. . .the way you betrayed me

    CHAPTER NINE°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:
     — 'breaking down'

ೃ࿔*:・                       — 'breaking down'

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・Percy °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Luke and I arrived where Chiron was supposed to meet us. The area was closed off, away from the celebration but the fireworks were so bright the colours peeped in through the trees.

"Talk about a celebration." Luke hit my arm and gestured towards the fireworks lighting up the sky. "They really pulled out all the stops for you."

Luke lead me further into the woods, guiding us with his lantern.

"Come on, you've said, like, two words since we left the cabins." He looked back at me then straight ahead at the stone area we were now at.

"Just... thinking about what the oracle said." I responded to him. "That I'll fail what matters most in the end."

"You're thinking about your mom." He spun around to face me. "I get that. Believe me, I do."

He placed the lantern down onto a near by rock.

"But prophecies?" Disgust washed over his face. "Those things are so vague."

"The quest is over, and everything the Oracle said has either come true or made sense." I ignored what he said about the prophecy and continued."

"Has it?" He made me question myself.

"You shall go west and face the God who has turned."

"Ares. Okay."

"Find what was stolen and see it returned."

"Clearly the bolt."

I paused for a minute before reciting the last line.

"And you shall be betrayed... by one who calls you a friend."

Luke stared at me blankly, as I realised something.

"Well, the reason Clarisse is still here is because... you never said anything to Chiron about her." I looked at Luke, unsure if I was just being paranoid. "Did you?"

He shook his head at me, what happened sunk in further.

"You couldn't... because you knew that Clarisse didn't steal the bolt." Everything pieced together, "you did. You worked with Ares to plant it on me, so when the shoes you gave me pulled me down into Tartarus, the bolt would be delivered right to Kronos."