𝐢𝐱. 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐱𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐩𝐚 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ ENDGAME} act ii. . .
   . . .as deep as the seafloor

           CHAPTER NINE°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:
    — 'not so relaxing spa trip'

ೃ࿔*:・               — 'not so relaxing spa trip'

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:Percy °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:

After pulling Rayn onto the makeshift rowboat, Annabeth was already waiting.

I looked down at Rayn, and immediately felt woozy.

"Tyson...?" I asked her.

She shook her head. "Percy, I'm really sorry."

We were silent while the waves tossed us up and down, until Rayn woke up.

"Rest," Annabeth said. "You're going to need it."

She immediately tried to get up but fell back down.

"Ow." She muttered.

"I told you to rest," Annabeth rolled her eyes at her which made me laugh.

Waves lapped at the boat. Annabeth showed us some things she's salvaged from the wreckage— Hermes's thermos (now empty), a Ziploc bag full of ambrosia, a couple of sailors' shirts, and a bottle of Dr Pepper.

Most of my stuff had floated away, but I still had Hermes's bottle of multivitamins, and of course I had riptide.

We sailed for hours. Now that we're in the Sea of Monsters, the water glittered a more brilliant green, like Hydra acid.

No matter where we turned, the sun seemed to shine straight into my eyes. We took turns sipping from the Dr. Pepper, shading ourselves with the sail as best we could. And we talked about my latest dream of Grover.

By Annabeth's estimate, we had less than twenty-four hours to find Grover, assuming my dream was accurate, and assuming the Cyclops Polyphemus didn't change his mind and try to marry Grover earlier.

"Yeah," I said bitterly. "You can never trust a Cyclops."

Annabeth stared across the water. "I'm sorry, Percy. I was wrong about Tyson, okay? I wish I could tell him that."

I tried to stay mad at them but it wasn't easy. We'd been through a lot together. They had both saved my life plenty of times.

I looked down at our measly possessions. I thought about Luke's looks of rage when I'd tried to talk to him about his dad.

"What's Chiron's prophecy?"

Rayn pursed her lips. "Percy, we really shouldn't—"

"I know Chiron promised the gods he wouldn't tell me. But you didn't promise, did you?"