Chapter eight

***Hey guys, here's another chapter ready for you. Remember to comment, vote and follow me.

Just a warning, there are instants of self-harm. Could be a trigger for some. Read at your own risk. ***

Jordin expected the Supernatural Council to come later that day.

     But no one knocked down her apartment door and accused her of being a monster.

     She wasn't confronted on the front steps of the high school.

     Or when first period began. Or second. Third . . . Nothing.

     Jordin was able to eat her lunch slightly more at ease when she wasn't arrested and tossed into a dungeon at the end of third period. The rain had held off today, and by fourth period, Jordin was elated to see that her skin was as smooth as ever. No more discolorations. No bruises or cuts.

     She followed the class out onto the field behind the school, happy as she was able to ditch her trackpants for her usual white and pink shorts. At least she had something going for her today.

     Coach Kurnit sent the class for a few laps around the field. Jordin took her time as she started the lap. She quickly caught up to a few other students but slowed her pace to keep track with them. It was hard sometimes, slowing herself down to such an extent. She's never really tested her speed before, but she knew she could finish the laps within seconds.

     "You okay, Jordin?" Jenny wheezed out between heavily puffs of air. Her face was already red and blotchy. "You seem distracted."

     Jordin shrugged and looked at the ground as she ran. While she could control her speed, she couldn't appear to exhaust herself like her fellow students did. Half the class were already out of breath, while Jordin's remained as composed as always.

     "Fine," she mumbled, looked back at Jenny. "Just a lot on my mind today."

     "Yeah?"

     Jordin remained silent, and when it became apparent she wasn't going to answer, Jenny started telling Jordin about her upcoming history report. Jordin remained silent as the end of the trail came to an end and the coach sent the class back inside to the gymnasium.

     Jordin stood on the edge of the court this time, barely paying attention as the coach split the class into four teams. Jordin kept an eye on the basketballs as they began flying around, but she didn't make any attempt to actually join the game.  

     She couldn't stop thinking about what she had read that morning.

     No questions asked.   

     She didn't know how to feel about that. Conflicted, maybe. Angry, definitely. It didn't seem fair. Draugrs are killed, no questions asked. If she was outed as a draugr, would the Council swoop in and execute her, with no regard of the fact that she's never actually hurt anyone? Never threatened anyone.

     Probably.

     Once again, she wished she had someone to confide in. Someone to truly talk to, but that would mean revealing her years of deception. And there's no guarantee that this person would keep her secrets. She might still end up on the wrong end of the Supernatural Council. It wasn't worth the risk.

     Dammit.

     Jordin came out of her thoughts as a basketball was tossed at her. With little actual thought in the action, she caught the ball and quickly tossed it to another player. She wasn't in the mood to play any games.