Prologue-Father

Disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THESE CHARACTERS. If I did they would be happy.

It was a quiet lazy Sunday night when they came.

Shinji was sitting on the couch reading a book at loud so his mother would hear him and do her work in the calmness that her son's voice offered.

When they heard the knock on the door they looked at each other surprised, they did not expect any visits at this time of the day. Shinji sighed and stopped reading as his mother stood up to open the door.

"May I help you?", he heard her say to whoever was that disturbed them at this hour.

"We are from NERV, we came to take your son", a man answered and Shinji started panicking

NERV? Why are they here? And what do they want from me?

"Take him where?", his mother asked, still calm.

"To the experiment laboratory, of course. You allowed him to volunteer for the ALD experiments", the man said, pushing her aside and entering the living room with his colleague.

"I didn't do anything like that!", she yelled, waking Shinji from his shocked state.

"I am afraid you did, Mrs. Ikari", he said and turned to his colleague "Show her", he demanded and the other man took out a signed form from his bag. His mother took it in her hands abruptly.

"You see?", the man spoke again in a tone that had Shinji thinking he was the worst scum on earth "This is your signature".

My mother betrayed me! She betrayed me! How could she do this to me? Everybody knows no one wakes up normal from their experiments! How could she do this to me?

Yui turned to face him "Shinji, don't listen to them! There has been a mistake, yes a mistake! I would never do this to you!".

"I am sorry Mrs. Ikari, it's not our fault you regret your past decisions", the man laughed. His colleague was now behind Shinji, grabbing his arm and forcefully pushing him towards the exit.

"Leave me alone!", Shinji tried to break free but failed since the other man was powerful and well-built.

His mother tried to go after him but the other man was holding her in place.

"I'll come for you, Shinji", she yelled at the top of her lungs as Shinji was put into a car where he yelled and cried until he fell asleep.

When he woke up he was alone in a dark room with only a bed and a table on top of which was a stray full of food he loved.

Is this a coincidence or do they already know all that I love and hate? Do they know everything about me?

He heard a door unlock and soon a man dressed like a soldier came in.

"Please get up", he spoke in a harsh tone "The NERV Head Scientist will be here to see you in a while".

"I don't want to see him!", he yelled but the soldier and got out and Shinji heard him say "He's awake, Sir". After a while a man came in.

"Hello, Shinji", he said with a calm voice "Do you remember me?".

Shinji, curious to see who he was and why he thought he should know him, lifted his head to look at him.

He was met with the same expressionless eyes that he saw years ago, when he was still 4 or 5 years old. He looked at the same expressionless man the held him when he cried and tried to help him learn how to read. He watched the same cold man that didn't even look at him as he walked out of their door with the intention of never coming back approaching him more and more.

"Father?", he asked. The word seemed foreign and weird after not using it for so many years, Shinji decided to never call him that again. He didn't deserve it anyway.

"Correct", Gendo answered. He took the last steps towards Shinji and kneeled in front of him. He looked as if he was expecting a hug but Shinji slapped him and covered himself with the blanket.

"Get out!", he yelled.

The man looked at him, shocked. After hesitating for a few moments, he got up and after a last look in his son's direction, left the room.

How did this happen?

***

Yes! I did it! Finally wrote a Kawoshin story. I hope you guys liked it. Updates every week but don't know what day exactly...