You Wished For Me

AN: I do not own this characters, that's why they suffer. 

***************************************************

Shinji only wanted to go to sleep after his father left him alone. The boy wished he could dream what would have happened if the men had not taken him away from his mother. 

What Shinji wanted did not seem to matter, though, since an hour after Gendo left, two men came to his room and forced him to put on a white thin robe and meet some Dr. Katsuragi that would explain to him what he had to do. 

The men that stood behind him as he walked in the hallway with the white walls, carried guns and Shinji was too afraid not to obey them even though the must be just low ranked sholdiers.  

"That's the place", one of them said and pointed to a door that looked just like every other door in this building but had a different number writen on it. 

The other one opened door 21 and pushed Shinji  inside a messy looking office. A beautiful young woman sat on a chair behind the wooden desk, sipping coffee and writing something hurriedly in her computer.  

Shinji annoyed by her ignorance coughed and she was forced to look up and notice them. 

"Oh excuse me!", she said and smiled brightly, "I didn't notice you come in". 

After she told the armed sholdiers to wait outside,she told Shinji to sit down. She even offered him some ice cream. After being pushed around like trash, Shinji smiled and accepted her kindness. 

"I guess you know why you are here", she spoke after Shinji had half finished his ice cream. 

The boy nodded a yes. 

"Do you know what you have to do exactly?", she asked. Shinji detected concern in her voice. 

"I didn't know I had to do something", he admited. He knew that if he indeed had to, he would propably mess it up. He always did. 

"Well, you don't really have to do something", she explained, "But it's good to know what awaits you". 

"It is", he agreed. 

"So, I am goint to describe you the process to make things easier for you", she smiled gently. 

"Thank you", Shinji said, looking down. 

"It's only my job", she got up and waved for him to follow her. 

Outside of the office she told the men waiting for them that the were not needed until she called them. Shinji felt more at ease without them but he still followed Misato cautiously.  

They entered an elevator made of glass and after a minute or two they arrived in a laboratory that did not remind Shinji at all of their physics classroom.  

"That's were we make the drug", Dr.Katsuragi informed him, "I thought I should explain to you how it works but I think a specialist is better suited for that". 

"Of course it is, Misato", a blonde woman walked up to them. 

"Ritsuko", she greeted her and then turned to the boy, "This is Shinji, the boy Mr. Ikari talked about". 

"Nice to meet you, Shinji", they shook hands. "Nice to meet you, too", Shinji said. 

He followed them until they stoped before a white table where small glass containers with black liquid were arranged in rows. 

Ritsuko picked up one "We call it D.D", she said, "You know what is stands for?", she asked. 

Shinji shook his head.