Tip 3: your baby still has to eat

I woke up the next morning entangled between the soft sheets and Samuel's arms, providing me with a warmth and coziness I've been used to through the last years

I woke up the next morning entangled between the soft sheets and Samuel's arms, providing me with a warmth and coziness I've been used to through the last years. I stretched my arms and laid back more comfortably on Samuel's chest. The regular sound of his heartbeat, his woody scent, the calm uplifting of his chest and his arm resting on my back slowly carried me back in Morpheus arms. I didn't remember going to bed last night, he probably carried me all the way from the couch where I must have fallen asleep watching a drama...

I've never been hit by a car, but I could swear the pain would be nothing compared to the breathtaking heartache I felt when the previous night's events flooded back in my memory. I was not watching a drama, I was in a live drama, crying my eyes out over his betrayal. I jumped out of bed, as if he suddenly turned into a burning inferno. As I watched him slowly emerging from sleep, I hoped his body was really burning. In hell. He would have deserved it. And with enough will, I could almost picture the dancing orange flames sprouting out of the sheets and engulfing his body.

"Missa," Samuel's voice wiped away the magnificent fire spectacle. "Good morning."

This was certainly not a good morning. I looked at him, and he seemed extremely tired, as if he barely slept last night. His eyes were red, and his usually glowing honey skin was closer to shit. He shouldn't have been able to sleep for the past months with what he did. And how, for goodness sake, did he manage to still look insanely handsome? Why the hell did I still find him so attractive? I had the feeling he just had to brush my skin with the tip of his fingers for me to forget anything else and melt in his arms, begging him for more.

His eyes locked with mine, and I felt my face heating. Thank God for my abundant melanin, whatever my emotions, my skin always remained even. But because he mastered over time the art of reading through me, I turned away and faced the window. Outside, the sky was clear and beautiful. A light breeze stirred the leaves of the trees and cooled my face, bringing to me the tempting smell of warm bread from the traditional bakery across the street. The old baker had probably already put aside two breads for me, like every morning. I heard the neighbours dog barking, probably at some unfortunate random passerby. It was a day like any other. Except for me.

I took a deep breath, walked past Samuel and went to the bathroom. When I came out, he was waiting for me near the bathroom door. I chose to ignore him, grabbed my phone on the bedside table and walked towards the exit.

"We need to talk," Samuel reached the door before me and blocked my way.

"I have to take care of Clara, she must be awake now." I checked some inexistant messages on my phone just to avoid looking at him directly.

I waited for him to step aside, but he didn't. I knew what he was trying to do, and I was not giving in. I was not looking at him, I could not.

"Missa..."

"Please let me go now," I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply. I was not ready to talk to him. I had to go to Clara, and I couldn't cry in front of my baby. Whatever happened, my baby still had to eat. She was my priority, not a sweaty bed play between my husband and bestie.