Tip 8: an extra hand is always welcome

"I don't know who you are, and to be honest I don't really care, but please stay away from my wife

"I don't know who you are, and to be honest I don't really care, but please stay away from my wife. Thanks."

I blinked multiple times, to make sure I was not daydreaming. But no, Samuel was right in front of me, wearing a crimson red shirt I bought for his last birthday, arms crossed and head up, making him seem even more impressive than usual.

"Samuel! what are you doing here?" I grabbed him by the elbow and pulled him away from Wisdom.

"I could ask you the same," he whispered so that Wisdom could not hear, anger digging a deep furrow on his face. "Is that why you asked for a break? To have more freedom and meet other men?"

"Are you crazy?" I almost shouted. I couldn't hide my shock.

"I think there's a misunderstanding," Wilson calmly stepped forward with his hands up in a request for a cool down. "There's nothing inappropriate going on between Missa and I. We're just old friends who met today after a very long time... I'm sorry if I did something that made you misuderstand the situation."

Wilson's intervention calmed me down a little. I sighed and turned towards him. With a grateful smile, I patted his shoulder and walked him towards his car.

"Thank you Wilson, but you shouldn't have to explain anything to him," I gave Samuel a dead glare before continuing. "Thank you for the ride also. It was really nice seeing you again, and we will definitely meet some other time to catch up."

"Uh... Yeah?!" he hesitantly replied while looking at Samuel behind me. "Have a good day! And really sorry, man!"

I heard Samuel groan and I swore in silence. I waited for Wilson's car to be out of sight before turning around to face Samuel. Hands on my hips, I gave him a round eyes look.

"What was that right now?" I tried not to get worked up.

"He was about to kiss you!" Samuel answered matter-of-factly. And he seemed to believe the bullshit he was saying. "Should I be okay, seeing another man so close to you?"

"The hell he was about to kiss me!" I raised my hand in the direction Wilson took. I couldn't control my anger anymore. "We were saying goodbye, it was probably a hug or a peck on the cheeks! And even if he was about to kiss me, do you believe I would let him do so? Do you think I would cheat to make us even?"

He didn't reply, but gave me a pained look. I know it was mean, and a hinch of guilt filled me after I said that.

The neighbour's front door opened and their housemaid came out with an enormous trash bag. She greeted us with a nod and I smiled in return. Then I walked in the house. We should not have such a conversation in the street, though Samuel started it.

Samuel followed me in, and as soon as he entered the living room, Clara happily called him. He went straight to pick her up from her playing fence and lifted her in the air, making her cheerfully giggling. Watching them together slightly wiped my anger away.