Kindness?

It was a new day in the world. We see a lovely home with a farm and field. It is a beautiful location just outside of Redgrave City. Inside the living room, a television could hear a news report regarding yesterday's Yeagerist attack and Y/n's escape. One shot shows Y/n fighting the Knights of Favonious, and another shows the Yeagerists wreaking chaos. The final shot shows Y/n creating the massive ice wall, followed by a harrowing laugh of maniacal joy. It ended with him looking directly at the camera with a grin and his jade eyes flashing blue before the footage went static.

One thing was clear. The person watching was clenching their fist in anger and glaring at the screen.

???: God damn it, Y/n! You maniacal fuck!

The person was a man with silvery white hair who turned off the TV, stormed into the kitchen, reached for a beer in the fridge, and downed it in one go, not knowing he was being watched. A beautiful woman with Auburn hair gazed at him with worry as she spoke softly with a hand on his shoulder.

???: Nero, what's wrong?

The silver-haired man named Nero eased up from just hearing her voice. He rubbed his face with frustration.

Nero: *sigh* I think you already know.

???: Y/n?

Nero: *groans* Y/n.

He sat by the counter, buried his face in his hands, trying to calm down. The woman sat beside him with a calming presence, taking one of his hands in her own.

???: What did he do this time?

Nero: He broke out of prison with help from his "friends" and destroyed those Atlas soldiers.

???: Maybe he must have a good reason-

Nero: No! Don't make excuses for him, Kyrie.

The woman, now named Kyrie, backed away slightly with her eyes agape. Realizing what he'd done, Nero looked down in frustration.

Nero: Sorry for shouting. It's just... Even you can't excuse this. He was imprisoned for going on a killing spree in Vale, Kyrie. What would make you think that he has a good reason for this?

There was a thick silence that was cut by one simple sentence.

Kyrie: How much do you know about him, my love?

Nero: What does that have to do with anything?

Kyrie:... Let's go for a walk, dear.

The woman stood up and walked away with a smile. Nero, still a bit confused, decided to follow. The two wore warm clothes and had an early morning walk, with Kyrie hugging Nero's arm.

Nero: So why have a walk all of a sudden? Not that I mind.

Kyrie: Remember when you told me one of the things you wished for the most?

Nero: What's that?

Kyrie: "To have a family," and you did. You have my parents, Credo, and me. *giggles* Even Nico and the rest at work, too. Then, one day... That family grew bigger. You found out you had more family out there. Now you have a brother and sister that cares about you.

Nero: Kit might care, but if you're trying to tell me he cares, you're joking.

Kyrie: Then you don't know him. I've seen the way Y/n acts, from all the times we spoke.

Nero: You talk to him?

Kyrie: You won't, so I did.

Nero just looked ahead with Kyrie looking at him with a stern gaze different from her usual softer tone.