2

"You know, the more I grow up, the more I realise how unfair life really is" i mumbled in defeat as I sat on my bed with a thud.

"You know you've been saying that since you were two" Lucas sat on the edge of my study table. I don't actually study there, it's just for the aesthetic.

"You met me when I was seven" I shook my head in disbelief.

"Yeah, and I've heard you say that since. I figured out dates back to the day Swara was born" He chuckled.

I rolled my eyes at him.

"Look, we have to somehow get you to unlock your powers." He stated, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

" I have read every book, watched all videos, done all the tricks. It's just not happening. I don't think I have powers!" I sighed.

"Or maybe you did everything you can too early. You can't just force your powers into your hands, you have to be ready and mature enough for them" he replied.

"And you think at almost twenty one I'm not mature enough?" I raised my eyebrows.

He looked at me through the corner of his eyes, looked down and then back at my face, judgementally.

"I'm not answering that question" he walked away.

I sighed as I pushed myself back to lay on my bed. Living with Lucas for the last fourteen years has been hard. He was the only person that cared about me here, but he was unimaginably contemptuous. It was like he always had something mean but truthful to say.

I sighed audibly as I heard him entering my room again.

"Let's start with basics. You read the books and at every step, practice every technique. Feel it from within. Give it your all." He threw the book into my bed, right next to where I was. I almost jumped at the stimulus.

"My birthday is in two weeks. I need at least three years to read this" I stared at the bulky thread bound book.

"Let's go and decide your wedding outfit then" he shrugged, picking the book back from my bed. I jumped up at him and held his hand.

"No no. I'll read and do." I shrieked as I snatched the book from his hands.

"Great" he shrugged again.

"Why do I have to do it alone? Why won't you help me?" I asked him with a frown.

"Because I have better things to worry about" he replied calmly.

"Like what? The only thing you do is style me and be my best friend" I groaned.

"And I am doing just that. Your groom has been invited to the kingdom and I have requested the king to let me go and escort him here" he pushed me back on bed. "Now start reading"

I frowned as I watched him walk away, out of my room, closing the door behind him. I opened the first chapter of the book.

Types Of Supernaturals

I groaned audibly. I already know this.

*Flashback*

"So, see there are many types of divisions of supernaturals. There are elemental divisions like fire, water, air and Earth. Swara can control the wind so she she belongs to the air elemental. Then there are Born supernaturals and Acquired Supernaturals. As the name suggests, the born supernaturals are the ones born as a supernatural. The acquired ones acquire the powers of a supernatural by passing tests" Lucas explained.

"Tests? There are fake supernaturals?" I widened my eyes in confusion.

"No. In fact, if you ask me, acquired supernaturals should be considered above borns, because they actually deserve the powers." He replied.