4

Days passed in the blink of an eye. I hadn't left my room in what felt like ages and it was starting to take a toll on me mentally. Thoughts of death, purpose of life, the inevitability of getting banished into nothingness - when you start pondering over these things, it's a sign that you need some sunlight and some fresh air. Lucas was also not around much, he visited a few times but that was it. This was the longest I had been away from him since the day we met and it didn't feel good.

Swara showed up quite a few times too, and with updates that honestly I wasn't interested in. Sanskar was either a pedophile, or he was just extra sweet to her because he saw her as a little child. Everything that she told me could only mean one of those two things. He hadn't tried kissing her so far, so I'm choosing to believe in the second.

I decided it was time for me to go out today. After watering my world of flowers, I got ready and finally stepped out of my room.

Wildfire is overrated because the news of my wellbeing reached every ear in the kingdom by the time I crossed the hallway. Much to Swara's horror, Sanskar and I were arranged to meet over breakfast.

"What have you done?" Swara whisper-yelled at me as we walked towards the royal garden outside the palace.

"I have done nothing. I was rotting in there. I needed to touch some grass or I could've gone insane, but don't worry. I'm not going to try to woo your man" I laughed at her.

"What if he gets wooed anyway?" She asks with a small irritated frown.

"Then he wasn't your man to begin with. Swara, no girl can steal your man unless he wants her to. And if he wants her to, then he was never truly yours" I wrapped one arm around her shoulder gently.

"I don't care. I want him" she declared stubbornly.

"I'm not having him anyway. You can keep your guy" I laughed it off. I don't blame her honestly. She has always got everything she wished for and as per what I've learnt very recently, she's also naive.

"Hi" she chirps as soon as she spots Sanskar near the breakfast table. I chuckled, shaking my head at her.

She looked at me with pretty pleading eyes before turning back to him and flashing him a smile. She walked off really slowly. I shook my head again before turning to Sanskar and gesturing for both of us to sit down.

"Does your little sister have a crush on me?" He snickered as he sat down.

"I'm not gonna answer that" I crossed my arms and smirked at him.

"Why not" he asked.

"Sister code" I shrugged.

"She told me you aren't that close" he states.

"We aren't. True." I reply. "But I'm still closer to her than I am to you so..."

He laughs.

"That's fair I guess" he laughs as a maid pours tea for the two of us.

"What about you?" I raised my eyebrow at him.

"What what about me?" He asks.

"Do you have a crush on my sister?" I ask.

"Ah..." He sighs, taking a sip from his cup.

"And why do you think I'll be answering that?" He asked, keeping the cup back on the saucer.

"You know, no answer is an answer" I teased.

"Hmm?" He smugged.

"And don't worry, you can tell me. I met you thirteen seconds ago. I'll try not to take it too hard" I smoldered.