Strawberries and Awkwardness

APOV

Alastor sits down on a leather seat across from the king of hell. He had arrived early, like a gentleman and so had Lucifer, which he took as a sign that the date was going well.

The two sit in silence, occasionally glancing at each other, the awkwardness is unbearable. Eventually, Alastor clears his throat and speaks before he has a chance to back out "I drank a strange concoction today for this" He chuckles nervously.

Lucifer glances at him with an intrigued look, "what concoction?"

Alastor grimaces as he repeats back the ingredients of his hangover cure to his date, "raw eggs and ginger, quite a unique flavor indeed."

Lucifer winces, "Ah the classic hangover reliever, delightful."

Alastor meets Lucifer's eyes and blurts out, "Do you drink often?" He immediately looks away realizing how inappropriate the question must seem.

Lucifer looks down sheepishly, "I suppose," he says, cutting off any further discussion on the topic with a glance.

Alastor mentally cursed himself for killing the conversation, he wasn't usually so easily flustered. The blonde man's company seemed to scramble his senses, Alastor didn't really understand what he was going through, he had never been in love, hell he had never even had a crush.

The overlord realizes he had zoned out for a good few seconds and blushes. He clears his throat again and speaks, "How about we order now, Lucifer?"

The king nods nonchalantly and signals for a waiter. Alastor picks up his menu and quickly scans through, Aha! "Rare Venison with a side of Strawberries" Alastor looks up from his menu and sees that Lucifer has already ordered. He quickly tells the waiter his choice and looks back to Lucifer. The king is inspecting his hands, looking quite bored. He sees Alastor looking at him and looks up at him.

Alastor blushes deeply as their eyes meet. What was this feeling?! He thought as his heart raced, Why am I feeling like this? Why does HE me feel so unsteady?

Alastor is snapped out of his thoughts as Lucifer clears his throat, "Uhm, you good there buddy? You look like you're gonna throw up." He says, seeming slightly concerned.

Alastor quickly shakes his head, "No no, I am quite alright, I assure." He speaks quite fast, seeming very unnerved by the conversation. At least Lucifer was paying some attention to the date now, he thinks.

"Alright," Lucifer mumbles and looks back down at his hands, seeming uninterested again. Alastor sighed, this was going great. The two stay in awkward silence for a while, Lucifer picking at his hands, bored, and Alastor staring off into space, overthinking everything.

Eventually, Lucifer speaks again, "So uhm, why did Charlie arrange this date anyway?" He hesitates for a second before adding, "No offense."

Alastor doesn't meet the king's eyes, "It seems we may not be on the same page. I asked her to, arrange this meeting for us." He studies Lucifer for a reaction.

Lucifer's eyes blink in surprise, "O-oh... Uhm, so you're actually interested in me? This isn't another one of those get-out-of-your-depressing room things Charlie arranged?"

Alastor blushes again, he seemed to be doing that a lot this evening. "Uh, yes. I suppose you could phrase it like that." He replies, slightly embarrassed.

Lucifer seemed to be stunned, "O-oh... Wow..." He manages out. "Well, that's not something that happens every day..." He thinks aloud.

Both men look away this time embarrassed. Lucifer hoped he could get this over quickly. Alastor stared at the floor wishing it would swallow him, in fact, he was tempted to melt into the shadows and leave. But that would be rude, he was still a gentleman after all.

The next few minutes are excruciating, Alastor attempted to make small talk a couple of times, but Lucifer quickly killed off the conversation each time. In the end, they both resolve into an uncomfortable silence.

Eventually, Alastor can't stand it anymore, he rises from his seat, "Lucifer, we can both see this is not working, perhaps we should just leave it like this and call it a night."

Lucifer nods his head slowly. "Yes, that would be-"

He is suddenly cut off by a waiter placing two plates piled high with food on the table. "Here you go gentleman, enjoy your meal!" They say before hurrying off to attend to another table.

Lucifer looks to the food and then back at Alastor, "You ordered the same thing as me?" He gestures, pointing at the two plates of Venison with strawberries."

Alastor looks at the food, "it appears so, indeed". He hesitates for a second before continuing, "I suppose we should eat our meals then, it would be a waste of excellent food to leave now."

Lucifer nods his head, "Yes, let's enjoy our meal then."

Alastor sits back down across from Lucifer and inspects their food once more. "It does seem to be that we have ordered the same thing."

Lucifer chuckles, "Yeah, you like Venison with strawberries? It's quite a unique combo but I've always loved the salty and sweet tang."

Alastor blushes at Lucifer's little laugh, his heart doing a gymnastics routine all over again. "Y-yes I do truly appreciate its flavor, the texture is fabulous as well."

Lucifer nods, noticing that Alastor's usual unnatural grin had been replaced with a small but genuine smile. Lucifer blushes, smiling back at the beautiful man sitting across from him. His heart skips a beat as he sees the Radio Demon's eyes, they hold a look that he hadn't seen directed at him for centuries. Alastors eyes glow a light crimson, they are full of genuine emotions, sweet and caring, and directed at Lucifer.

Alastor smiles at Lucifer, a real smile, he hadn't felt like this in decades, if ever. He realizes that they had been sitting in silence looking into each other's eyes for quite a while so he decides to speak. "So Luci, how do you like your Venison cooked?"

It was now Lucifer's turn to blush, his face red and his heart races. He blushes even more furiously at the nickname. "I-I... Rare, I like it rare." He stutters. The king of hell looked at the red-haired man across from him once more and realized that he liked him, genuinely. Maybe even wanted to love him eventually. He wonders how he had ever wanted to leave so quickly. He directs his thoughts back to the date, "It really adds to the texture and flavor."

The Radio Demon nods, "It really does..."

The King of hell and the infamous overlord spend the rest of their afternoon together. Discussing ways to prepare venison, how to clean strawberries, and many other random topics that sprang to mind. Eventually, they decided to meet for another date the following weekend. Preferably one with a better start.

Hi, I hope you liked that! (I'm sorry but date scenes are so hard for me to write ahaha. Also I'm sorry for the shit punctuation and if theres typos, I'll go back and fix it eventually).

Anyway, if you liked that, check out some other stories I wrote, I have them all in a one-shot series so check that out if your interested!

Have a nice day/night!!