Real Thugs Cry

Later That Night

- I S A I A H -

"Soooo?"

"Wahm?"

"Did you like the surprise?" Her face lights up with a dazzling smile.

Taking her hands to pull her to stand between my parted legs, I lift her chin to look up at me.

"More than. Even though I'm the type to not care for things like this, knowing you're the reason behind the master plan makes a nigga grateful."

Pressing her lips in a flat line, her redden cheeks become noticeable. Trying to hold back her smile of proudness.

For my entire years on this planet, ain't no one ever done nothing like this for me.

Besides when moms would get me a cake and sing me happy birthday by herself when I was younger. That's the most I ever remember getting for my G'day.

Which is why when the entire day went by and I didn't receive a single bless up I didn't trip. That's how used to it I am.

Just considered it another day.

"Did you get a tad bit emotional?" She uses her thumb and index fingers to create a space between them.

"Seeing that all these people came out to celebrate you?" Her smile still lingers.

Cant believe she's this excited about putting something together like this for me.

The purest form of love.

"Man a G Ny, nah get teary eyes fi this."

"But, it give me a feeling weh foreign you know? Make me understand how you feel when me do the simplest thing dem fi yuh and yuh make it seems like a the world me give yuh."

Looking up at me, she searches my eyes "well, at least you're appreciative of it."

Placing her hand into her jacket, she pulls two medium size envelope out and hand it to me.

Now feeling confused, I look at her and at the paper as I take it from her.

"Wah this?" I ask.

"Open it nuh" she rushes me.

Doing as told, I open the first documents and read it. But stop when one specific name became noticeable.