Chapter 0.1

.

-:-

.

The chime of the old coo-coo clock signaled the beginning of the new hour. Ezra shot a brief look of annoyance towards the damn thing, before turning back to the stove to not let the eggs burn. 

"I still can't believe he actually bought that stupid thing," Ezra pouted to himself, moving the fried with the second hand wood spoon they had. 

Fried eggs weren't the most usual snack at 10pm, but sometimes eating over weighs the self-doubt of whether or not you truly are okay as an adult, making sunny-side up eggs for you and your not-boyfriend-just-roommate to eat once he is back from work. 

The eggs continued to sizzle in the pan, also second hand, and Ezra scavenges through the cabinets to see if any of their good seasoning is still hiding being any packs of instant noodles. The sounds of Rosalía's singing continue to play in the small kitchen as Ezra turns off the stove and goes to grab one of the two chairs from behind the counter. 

Thank goodness Eiden wasn't here, or it would have been his pleasure to tease him about for the rest of the week. It had taken Ezra about three times to learn his lesson. 

"Where is he anyway.." Ezra mumbled to himself taking a quick peak from behind the kitchen cabinets to look at the ugly, greenish-brown clock.  Around 10 minutes had passed since the bird had screeched, and still no sight of the lovable pervert. 

"Did his bus break down or something?" Ezra places the chair down, standing on top of it to shuffle thorough the random assortment of food items that is the top shelf. Grabbing ahold of a jar of some suspicious looking that powder that was hopefully pepper, Ezra hops down and drags the chair back.

Rosalía hits her high note as Ezra quietly hums along, not wanting another neighborly noise compliant. He takes the small jars lid and passes it to the side before tapping the jar to lightly season the eggs.

10:24 pm and still no Eiden in sight.

"Okay, this is ridiculous, where is that horn-dog.." Ezra huffs, thinking back to their talks earlier that week about how his boss was stressing his workload. Ezra plates the two eggs in separate, placing them on the counter and pulled a chair. 

Sighing, he grabs his 2019 laptop from his bag beside the chair, he finally beings to work on his very behind schedule paper on musical make up. His noiseless headphones connect, and he begins to type like no tomorrow, completely forgetting about Rosalia's singing voice playing through the kitchen and the two eggs in front of him. 

- : -