Chapter 8

It was Wednesday. Day 1. Math.

I entered the lunchroom and sat down with Angelina. She was wearing pretty pink earrings and looked really stunning.

I loved her fit.

I love her.

Someone pinch me.

"Did you hear?" Angelina asked me.

"Hear what?" I replied.

"Alex Reed got broken up with by his girl, Abby Maci."

That explains the call from last night. Poor Kosei.

I gasped, "No! Is he okay? He called Kevin and- I mean, he called Tyler and had him rush to him last night."

Angelina shrugged. "He was crying all night. He must've really loved her."

He must have.

"Where is this Abby Maci exactly?" I asked.

A girl walked up behind me and said, "I'm Abby Maci."

Well, that was easier than expected.

I stood up and faced her. She was quite pretty. She had a blue shirt on with fitting jeans.

"You're-" I decided to drop a compliment, "Woah, you're beautiful."

"Uh, thanks?" She replied, not sure if she should like me or not. "Who are you, anyways? And why do you need me?"

"I just..." I tried to come up with a lie to use. "I'm so proud of you for breaking up with Alex! Heh-"

"Uh, thanks, I guess?" She looked confused as she walked away. She pointed her finger at her head and circled it. I think she called me crazy.

She's not wrong.

I sat back down and said, "Phew. Just so you know, I didn't mean what I said, but I don't want to annoy a girl that gorgeous."

"Uh...huh," Angelina replied. She reminds me of Kaylee, but I'm not sure why.

"And-" Before I could say anything, a dark voice came from behind me.

"Ahem," said the voice. Kevin.

I looked up at him and greeted him, "Oh, hey, Kevin."

"Why are you talking crap about Kosei?" he asked me.

Please. Let him cuss.

"If you were eavesdropping that long..." I said, "you would've heard that I didn't mean it. I like Kosei. He's cool. In fact, I'm gonna go to his house tonight!"

"Oh, no you're not," said Kevin.

"Pfft," I scoffed, "Or what? I want to comfort-"

"Oh, bullfish." Innocent idiot. "You don't want to comfort him, you only want to meet him."

That wasn't true.

"Kevin, we've been over this. Assumptions make a butt out of me and you. Don't be a butt about it," I told him.

"I'll be a butt if I want to."

Then I remember last nights promise and tried to remind him. "Wait, but-"

"Y'know what? I'm done." Not this again. "You never listen to me, Elli. I'm done pretending I care."

Then he walked off.

Angelina scoffed, "Sucks-"

"He's just..." I interrupted, "being dramatic again." I took my chopsticks and ate more rice.