part 7- another car ride

Me and Nate are both going into his Maserati with all my boxes. When I try to enter opening the car door he stops me pulling it for me. He runs and enters his car door.
"Nate I think we should discuss about what just happened..." I try to explain to him while I try to cover my legs with the short dress I chose for today. He looks at my legs and bites his lips and after that he looks at me: "I don't have anything
to say. I guess it was just a way to show you that I like you". A smile comes up to my face and I say
"yes I know but I don't think that's right for Lucas we have just broke up and I don't know if that's what I wanted though-" I got cut off by Nate. "Oh great I understood so you love him?"
"No that's not what I was trying to say I said that we didn't have a chance to discuss our break up. I mean it happened really quick I didn't have even the time to think about my decision." I look out the car window pulling my hair down with one hand. "Rachel, listen: it was just a kiss if you aren't happy with what we did that's fine.
Nothing ever happened ok?" he says without taking away his eyes on the road.
"Stop! Stop the car!" "What? Why?" "Just do it" Nate's truly confused but he does what I said. I look into his eyes and I kiss him.
"Is it clear now? I don't want Lucas. I just wanted to clarify everything with him". He laughs and keeps kissing me.
"Mhm I guess we'll never arrive at your house if you keep going this speed" and I give Nate a wink.
"Yeah yeah you're right In taking you to Lucas's now. You have to fix your breakup".
I knock on the green door in front of me. How many memories inside this house. Lucas opens the door and as soon as he sees me he tries to make me go away by not letting me start talking, but I do it anyway. "Look Lucas last night I wasn't too nice to you, but I'm not going to change what I said. I hope you understand how I'm feeling. You didn't even worry about me yesterday when I told you my family situation and despite yesterday I noticed you no longer care that much about me since a few weeks so I think it's better for us two if we close our relationship and we keep going". He doesn't even bother to look at me but rather looks behind me, looks at Nate's car. "Oh yeah right come here and break up with me along with Nate! What a great person you are! Honestly I thought you were better than this you know Rachel." He states while gesticulating animatedly and making contemptuous expressions.
"Please stop I'm trying to be kind Lucas you know I love you. But now I love you as a friend and you need to understand this."
"Please go away I don't have the strength to talk with you now" he says closing the door in my face
"fuck off" I scream.
I come inside Nate's car and he puts his arm around my shoulder. "Nate, it's best if we don't see each other together in front of everyone for a while. You know, Lucas and I didn't end up very well and I don't want to be called a whore". I say motioning for him to leave with the car.
"That's ok Rachel sure". I remember what Lucas said at the party and now I'm curious.
"Nate can I ask you something?" and he looks at me curiously, urging me to ask.
"Yesterday Lucas told you to don't end up the things with me like you did with his ex. What did he mean?" he seems nervous and grips with
power the steering wheel increasing the speed to get to his house - now mine too.
"Camila. We have this ex in common. He loved her and she cheated on him with me. She isn't the picture of an angel. She, uhm she started to date him just to make me jealous and he didn't know. That excited me, you know a girl that does all this for me. So I followed her game and we broke his heart. I'm not proud that I didn't tell Lucas that I knew what she was doing but that's how it happened and there's nothing I can do about it. I'm not even proud of having been with Camila for that matter." He says looking at my shocked expression. I didn't even now Lucas dated Camila since now. I guess our relationship wasn't that good. It's so strange to me something like that but I appreciate the honesty of Nate even if it's brutal to hear.
Finally someone trusts me enough to tell me his secrets. I like very much Nate. Argh how many things are happening these days! I'm exhausted!